11-06-2012, 04:22 PM #11
I'm planning doing a curved ScrOG soon.
11-08-2012, 01:33 PM #12
Ok, lets call today Day 2 officially.
Had a setback first thing yesterday when I checked the room and saw 2 girls were pointing down. Had to ditch the LED right away and threw 150w of 6500k fluorescents on them. So this will not be a pure LED grow anymore. Wish I still had my 240w BS but alas, had to go flo to save the girls from a grade A case of sunburn. No room to raise it any higher than it was.
Setting up a larger grow space that will be able to accommodate all 3 if they decide to make it. Once that is up I'll put the LED back on them and monitor VERY closely.
So now basically watching my humidity (up to 42%) and lighting for the next few days, then plan to move the pots to the larger space and throw the 600w on them.
One of them is still too short to cover with hydroton. The last pic was also the last to pop but she's kicking in.
11-09-2012, 05:57 PM #13
11-10-2012, 04:40 PM #14
11-12-2012, 04:27 PM #15
Day 6. Had a bit of a setback with my light again. 600 is just too damn much for babies. I had it 48" above and it still bleached the new growth and they were all turning away. The first set of leaves LOVED the 600w LED so I thought it might be good to go but last night the new leaves started looking shy and this morning they were in retreat so I pulled the light again and put the flo back in for now. I had already been thinking about getting something in the 300w range anyway so I'm probably going to pull the trigger on 2 of them.
OTHERWISE everything is fine. The new grow space is great, humidity and temps are dialed. No tap root in the juice yet so the games haven't even really begun.
So flo for now... probably pick up a 300w to run them until they can take the 600w. Pic to show what I'm talking about:
11-13-2012, 02:18 PM #16
Day 7. Painful update. Let others learn from my mistake.
I wrongly assumed that the roots were still safe for transplanting and partially tore 2 of them while trying to do a medium change yesterday. These autos grow FAST and the root structure can develop FAST as well.
So we'll see how they recover (they are fine now) and how fruitful they are. I'm sure overall they will do fine but I most likely hurt my yield by setting them back a few days as the roots recover.
11-13-2012, 02:26 PM #17
hang in there mate... :toke: :smokebuds:
You ALWAYS Reap what you Sow...
11-13-2012, 03:58 PM #18
11-17-2012, 08:42 PM #19
Day 11. Survival mode.
The girls are recovering from that massive dose of LED I threw on them still. I have officially switched to "survival mode" and am just trying to get them healthy right now. A few pics will show the bleaching damage. That 600w LED scares me. :o
Plan now is to just let them recover and see how they do. No big expectations after the hammer job I did on them so early. Still under the T5s. Going to throw some more watts on them soon.
Going to start 3 more soon. This time no 600w LED and no transplanting.
11-20-2012, 05:49 PM #20
I originally started all three out in separate pots. I then transplanted them to a multi-pot setup that uses a central feeding source. I did this so I could have a central feeding/measuring place since I wasn't trying to break any records I figured it would be sufficient. It proved to be sufficient for that purpose BUT the nature of the feeding system kept my nets a bit too high above the water line, and given I damaged 2 of the taproots during the transplant I decided to end that setup and move them back to individual pots with independent reservoirs. I mixed up a fresh batch of nutes with less FF. I also switched out to larger air stones.
Currently under the T5s but have a 180 Chrome on the way and as soon as it gets here it's going up. They are all 3 back in a roughly 2x2 space.
You can see how deeply the LED penetrated by observing how the middle growth is "bleached".