Dope Seeds ...................Dutch Passion - Masters At Work

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Autoflower Clones? Can't be done... Or can it?

jm
    peaceful admin

Awards And Staff Icons

Autoflower Clones? Can't be done... Or can it?

Indeed! It can! This thread is a spinoff of the Mythbuster thread... requested by a few good men.. :)

Pics and such to follow shortly...

The back 3..
    2/14/2011 (Had to love my ladies up for V-day) first set clones day of cloning:

Attachment 6318

2/16/2011 First Day for second set

Attachment 6319
    Last edited by jm; 03-15-2011 at 12:46 PM.
    Rebel and DWCocha like this.

You ALWAYS Reap what you Sow...

Scott817
    At what day do you cut your clones? What plants are you using? This will be good thread to follow :)

BOMBUDZ
    WSUP Oh yes it can be done I successively cloned a Auto AK47...and doing nice...Didnt do it on purpose I accidently dropped a pot on a branch and tried and it worked...Ill try to make a post on it soon...I would say it works better with the bigger amazonian or bushy auto than the smaller ones.

HomeGrownRx
    So it looks like you took the clones before flowering began? I'd be curious to see the results of cloning one in flower. So how large do your clones get compared to the mother? Do they finish at the same time?

I just started a clone from my 50 day old afghan kush ryder. I took off some bud for a test smoke and was able to remove a leaf with a tiny snippet of stem and node. Buried the stem and node in soil. I removed the bud that had formed.

Anyone have success with node clones during late flower? I'm real curious to see if we can clone as a means of eternal propagation just as with photo plants. Its the only drawback at the moment with autos.

Great work!

jm
    peaceful admin

Awards And Staff Icons

Yes pre-flower... I've tried before post flower start... no luck... they go "homeostasis" but thats it... never rooted...
    but these have done pretty well for their little time to root and run...
    more pics to come... I'd say avewrage they are very small... but like I mentionmed... its a great breeder's tool.. delayed flower for analysis.

BOMBUDZ
    wsup...I took my clone in flowering..dont know right now how many days from flowering but i will look it up...it was prob 3-5 inches...the flowers did end up dieing maybe i had a couple left but its now 18in...i highly doubt it will finish same time as mother plant which is now 42+ inches Ill post some pictures of now to show..i need to make some room on my mem card first...and I will try to start a thread soon on how I did etc...No stepping on any1's toes..and I do think it delayed it some compared to photos..try to get some up tomorrow.

HomeGrownRx
    so bombudz you go t a flowering cutting to root? then the flowers died off and it REVERTED TO VEGITATIVE GROWTH? you said you dont expect it to be as tall as the mother plant, but is it growing? has it put on new above ground growth?

im very interested. if i heard correctly then i think i may be taking a cutting as soon as i get home!

BOMBUDZ
    well i broke a branch....dropped a pot on it...it was most flowers did die off and it started to veg but just where growth died and went right back into flowering...so where the flowers where it made some branches and started to flower again but this auto ak is a weird one for me cause its so big and taking its time to finish...it was 3-5 inches when i cloned it and got smaller due to parts dieing off... its at 18inches now and budding nicely and i polllinated it it shouldnt get to much taller def not like its mom 42in now maybe a lil more gonna measure tomorrow the mother I will prob be harvesting in a week or so..you can check my album i have a couple pics in there of both ak1 and the clone..but I need to put up some new ones..

jm
    peaceful admin

Awards And Staff Icons

whatsgoodie
    Impressive.. so I must ask.. although it's a breeders tool, is it a yielders tool? Let's say you didn't cut the clone branches, do you think your yield would be impacted? Doesn't the flower the clones come from have to use some of it's vigor to heal?

Curious!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast