1. AFN branded gear available! Shirts, Mugs, Mouse/Dab Pads, Keychains, Magnets, Stickers, etc... Stop by the Merchandise Thread to see samples! Custom Work Welcomed! PM Rebel for details!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. It's back for season 2! ... This is one of the most fun, diverse Comp's we run, full of thrills, chills and spills! So slap that helmet on, grab your best beans and start bustin' moves... Boooiiiii! ... just check in with our fab' MC 912GreenSkell.....
    Dismiss Notice
  3. GO Canada.............
    Dismiss Notice

30w secret jardin monkey fan

Author Rating:
5/5,
Manufacturer of Product:
secret jardin
Manufacturer Website:
http://grownuphydroponics.com/30w-high-power-monkey-fan-20cm-pole-mounted.html
Purchased From:
http://grownuphydroponics.com/30w-high-power-monkey-fan-20cm-pole-mounted.html
Retail Price of Product:
£28.99
Purchase Price of Product (including shipping):
£33.98
Did you receive this product for free?:
no
Your Intended Use of This Product:
in my tent
Link to AFN Grow Journals of Product in Use:
na
Rate the Product Effectiveness:
5/5,
Rate the Ease of Use:
5/5,
Rate the Value for the Money:
5/5,
Positives About This Product:
awesome for tents with no space for fans
Negatives About This Product:
none
Did the Product Satisfy Your Needs?:
oh yes
Who Do You Think This Product Is Intended For?:
everybody with a grow tent
Would You Purchase This Product Again?:
im buying another
Would You Recommend This Product?:
yes
Message to the Product Manufacturer:
great product
  • i bought a few models of clip on fans that either slipped off the poles of didnt shift any air hardly and i even had them fall on my plants this is were the monkey fan differs it has a hook and clip that fits all tent poles and can be moved up and down ect im so happy with this 30w high power version i would like other people to be able to see how great they are especially in the summer months

User Comments

To post comments, simply sign up and become a member!
  1. Simplicio
    I spent a long time looking for an oscillating, pole mountable fan without luck.
    I finally bought a small oscillating fan that wouldn't mount on a pole, and also the small monkey fan.
    The monkey fan mount worked for the oscillating fan, after dissecting both, so now I've got one.
      St. Tom likes this.
    1. St. Tom
      They sell a 20 w oscillating one also but these ones are more reliable I have run this model for a long time
      St. Tom, Jun 1, 2018
      Chong's Cousin likes this.
  2. Only1Sky
    I've been interested in the 20W model that oscillates. But apparently there was a "quality control" glitch that caused them to temporarily stop selling them in the US. My local store tells me that they're available again now. So I'm going to head over later and pick up a couple.
      Chong's Cousin and St. Tom like this.
    1. St. Tom
      i have 1 of those it needed replacing it smelt burning after a few mths use the replacement worked a lot better
      St. Tom, Jun 1, 2018
      Only1Sky likes this.
    2. Only1Sky
      I just got my first two of these (the 20w oscillating style), and one is already making a few groaning sounds as she spins around. But I do love the way they attach to the poles .... so brilliant and convenient. The shop claimed that they've been re-engineered and QA tested, but admitted that they've already had one returned just last week. We'll see.
      Only1Sky, Jun 11, 2018
      St. Tom likes this.
  3. Boradan
    I bought one of the smaller ones of these for £13.
    Unbelievably good value for money and throws out a hell of a blast. I haven't run it at hi speed yet as there is no need at this stage - 4 x 35 day old plants in a 4x4 tent.
    The spring clip seems to work so much better than the clips normally used for these types of fan. I get a LOT less vibration into the tent frame (and from there to the floorboards) than I did with a 6" RAM fan
      Only1Sky and St. Tom like this.
    1. St. Tom
      plus them clip ones fell on my plants they should sell the monkey fan clip separate as it fits the clip on ones i tried it on
      St. Tom, Jun 1, 2018
      Chong's Cousin and Boradan like this.
  4. Arsenal
    I just bought one of these, I have four of the 20w version, two currently installed, two waiting, and now a 30w on the way. Of the two installed one has died, bearings are shot, but it has been running continually for six months. My space is 2'x2.5'x5' and I plan to run four Monkey fans in that space, I have four in there now but two are clip on and are not tent friendly. Thanks for the review!
      St. Tom likes this.
    1. St. Tom
      If the one that broke is a monkey fan take the bracket off it as it fits most clip on ones I think somebody could sell the secret jardin clips separate also I have the smaller ones but this one is so much more power it will work great in your size room
      St. Tom, Jun 1, 2018
      Arsenal likes this.
  5. SpliffScot
    I'd imagine at 30W it should be like a hurricane in small spaces [[ tho the pole rail-clamp rather than a spring clip on the light is attractive ]].

Further info / comparison needed i suspect

Fans are so fiddly lol.
      St. Tom likes this.
    1. St. Tom
      I think for my size tent there ideal plus it has 2 speed settings you wouldn't want to aim it right at seedlings maybe at your tent wall bounce it off that
      St. Tom, May 31, 2018
  6. F.N.
    Thank you for showcasing the monkey fan what a great write up. That is exactly the kind of fans I need Secret Jardin has some nice equipment.
      St. Tom likes this.
    1. St. Tom
      Cheers pal
      St. Tom, May 31, 2018
  7. Cronk
    The smaller version is great as well. It's so important to be able to aim the air exactly where you want it.

how big is your tent?
      St. Tom likes this.
    1. St. Tom
      1.2 x1.2 x.2.0 I have the smaller one aswell these are the better ones by far I feel
      St. Tom, May 30, 2018
      codz likes this.