1. AFN would like to extend a warm welcome to Oregon Elite Seeds, a USA-based seed bank that carries a growing variety of autoflowers and photoperiods! Come welcome them with us in their new forum on AFN!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Festivus is wrapping up. Stop in and congratulate the winners. https://www.autoflower.net/forums/forums/3rd-annual-afn-festivus/
    Dismiss Notice

Autocob From Cobshop.net

Author Rating:
5/5,
Average User Rating:
4.66667/5,
Link to Thread:
https://www.autoflower.net/forums/threads/cobshop-picture-thread-bring-on-the-beauty.62277/page-50#post-1951600
Introduction/Overview:
There are numerous reviews about these lights. This is another one, but with a twist, a different angle..... Maybe....., to be honest I didnt read any of the other reviews.
Simply put...The best Goddamn grow light known to man. Probably even better than the sun, or those lights on the Kenny Rogers Chicken sign that almost killed Jerry and Kramer on Seinfeld .
  • Description of Product/Service:
    Its a round, bright ass light, with fins on it. Ive got 6 of em.
    Company Name:
    Cobshop.net
    Product/Service Website:
    Cobshop.net
    Top Three Features:
    Bright.
    Affordable.
    They saved me more money than that douche from the car insurance ad.
    The problem and the promise?:
    No problems.
    The Promise, hang in there Im getting to it.
    Purchased From?:
    BigSm0 / Cobshop.net
    Purchase Price:
    I think Ive got under 700 in the 6 lights.
    Discount Code Used?:
    Discount? There was a discount?
    This is where other reviewers get all technical and nerdy, carrying on about light penetration and spectrum, and a ton of other shit that puts me to sleep faster than my mother in law droning on and on about equally boring shit that I dont care about or understand. Anyone who supports small business. Anyone who wants a clean, safe, efficient light. Anyone who wants to save money instead of paying for some corporate nimrods vacation home in Cozumel or Telluride. These are the lights you want. 20181209_184000_resized.jpg
  • First Impressions:
    How can these little lights do the same job as these 2 giant burple monstrosities Im currently using?
    Actual Benefits Provided:
    They work really good. My plants are beasts. My grow room doesnt have a nuclear fusion purple light streaming out under the door.
    But the biggest benny to switching over from my Burple lights ,which were probably made in some Bejing sweatshop by orphans, is what these lights have done for my electric bill. I've seen a drop of over 100 bucks a month. The savings has just about paid for the lights 6 months in.
    Who should use this product/service?:
    Anyone who supports small business. Anyone who wants a clean, safe, efficient light. Anyone who wants to save money instead of paying for some corporate nimrods vacation home in Cozumel or Telluride.
    User Friendly?:
    Hang, plug, grow.
    Who should NOT use this product/service?:
    Anyone who would rather support the ChiComs instead of a small business in Merica.
    Comparable Products/Services:
    There are no comparable products in my questionably humble opinion.
    How long have you used this product/service?:
    8 to 10 months..ish
  • Positives/Benefits:
    Save money. Effective lighting. Sold by a small biz. Im also pretty sure BigSm0 doesnt use forced orphan labor. I could be wrong.
    Negatives/Drawbacks:
    My wife when she says " You bought another goddamn light? "
    Able to overcome negatives?:
    Seriously?
    Rate the Product Quality:
    • High Quality
    Would You Purchase This Product Again?:
    As soon as the wife goes on vacation in April, Im sneaking in a couple more.
    Would you recommend this product/service to another grower?:
    Yes.
    Conclusion/Final Thoughts:
    All snark aside, my light bill was cracking 280 on average. Last July and August, after switching to all Autocobs, my bill was 180 and 170 respectively.
    I ordered my lights one or 2 at a time over a few months. Up until July I was always running my burples. Once I had 6 AutoCobs, the burples were put away, and Ive never looked back.

Share this Item

Recent User Reviews

1. mcubed476
    5/5,
    "Autocobs are amazing"
    If you're looking for lights that will save on electricity, and still keep quality and yield great, then these are the lights for you.

My entire setup with 4 autocobs runs me $36 a month in electricity. That's fans, lights, all of it.

Last harvest was just over 3 months. I harvested 14.67 oz total off 3 autos. That's $7.36 per ounce that I paid in electricity. I'm going to harvest over a lb this current grow, and it will be 4 months of electricity (one auto is taking forever to finish).

Anyway, back to the light:

No ballast required
    Easy to adjust
    Easy to work around
    Work for both veg and flower
    Low temps (my tent is at 71 currently)
    Silent
    Not a Blurple light. Those are cool, but it's more difficult to see problems happening.
    Did I mention cost efficient?

I've never even thought about getting new lights since I have had these. I will never get a different kind of light. I can't believe more people don't use these.

IMG_20181216_145705761_HDR-1382x1843.jpg
    cosimo and Bigg Al like this.
  2. Rwg111
    5/5,
    "Best I've owned"
    I have now purchased 6 3500k autocobs from cobshop.net and will be getting 3 more for my grow space and completely remove all my leds. My leds have never done me wrong I ordered 2 autocobs from cobshop.net to fill some space fell in love and never looked back. Ive grown photos for years on my 3rd with autos and these are by far the best lights that have ever fed any of my gardens.
    A bit of an expense up front but they pay for themselves in no time. Great product thank you cobshop.net
    MrOldBoy, BCBudlady and mcubed476 like this.
  3. BakerT
    4/5,
    "Awesome"
    Beautiful looking grow
    forbiddenx711 likes this.

User Comments

To post comments, simply sign up and become a member!
  1. Sebe56
    I have 5 of the 3500k, i put them over a 7 gallon pot. The Cobs did the job. I got 8.7 oz out of that pot. I love these lights.
  2. puffer1958
    I bought the 4 autocob set from CobShop which I would like to put in service asap. I am currently running a 400w equivalent QB setup at 3' above my one girl with great temps and humidity. I thought that I had read that auto do not like changing lights.
    I just flipped my autopot to the rez/airdome today at 22-24 days and she has not missed a beat. Any suggestions as to warnings about what I am about to do as far as the light change out? Should I start with a smaller amount 1-2 lights adding a new one every week until slowly acclimating my one girl (og kush auto from ilgm)in a 3X3 to the full 4 autocob that I got from Cob Shop? They are 55w each for a combined wattage of,55w,110w,165w,220w respectively, or should I avoid changing my current QB to the autocobs and just finish with the QB? Thanks
    If I am doing something wrong as far as forum protocol please forgive my ignorance, I am not a veteran of forums.
    1. View previous replies...
    2. Doc39835
      I sent you a message in reply to your question. Hope it helps.
      Doc39835, Dec 17, 2018
      puffer1958 likes this.
    3. Burn victim
      I veg under a cob fixture in 3500k then rotate the plants to a quantum board 320xl with a mixed spectrum of 2700k / 3000k every other diode . I have not had issues, sorry for the delay as my alerts don’t work .
      Burn victim, Dec 18, 2018
      puffer1958 likes this.
    4. puffer1958
      I have my 1st of 4 CobShop autocob hanging 20 inches above my little girl. I am so excited. The QB to be fair was producing good results but this action immediately cut power consumption to 1/3 of the QB. I am even thinking about throw everything at her in flower, QB + autocobs. I wonder if that would be just right or overwhelming? hmmm
      puffer1958, Dec 23, 2018
  3. mknghorn
    got two and two more are under the tree. have my king "1000" watt led light in the middle with cobs on outside and the plants are leaning towards the cobs. growing autos now but i am going to flower two bubba's photo in the spring and see how they do with that as well. prob veg them under my old mars hydros. love that they are a local company to me as i've been trying to locally source as much as possible and this is a big score.
      puffer1958 likes this.
  4. Burn victim
    Nice , lower your lights , the walls don’t grow!
    1. Doc39835
      The lights are 20 inches off the canopy. Any closer and youll end up with larfy, fox tailed buds. I just pulled 7 ounces off 2 of the plants. Thanks for playing.
      Doc39835, Dec 17, 2018
      puffer1958 likes this.
  5. Burn victim
    The walls are loving it !
    2. puffer1958
      Actually, I have seen pics of Burn victim' lights and they are fitted with angelina. The angelina are reflector that focus the light rather than allowing it to "grow the walls".
      puffer1958, Dec 18, 2018
    3. Doc39835
      Ive got the cones that go on the lights.. I usually have them on, however I was playing around with getting them close and covering the entire canopy.
      Doc39835, Dec 22, 2018
    4. puffer1958
      I think I meant Doc's lights. I know that I was high.
      puffer1958, Dec 23, 2018
  6. Burn victim
    Seems like a lot wasted light
    Making the walls glow , but from the swadowy depths of the pic you’ll have some bud to smoke & that’s all that matters :)
    1. Doc39835
      again 20 inches of the plants.. Angle man, angle.
      Doc39835, Dec 17, 2018
    2. Burn victim
      Optical illusion, hard to tell sometimes. Sorry for that , was pretty wasted that night and being a wise ass .
      Burn victim, Dec 18, 2018
      puffer1958 and Doc39835 like this.
    3. Doc39835
      no worries.
      Doc39835, Dec 22, 2018
      Burn victim likes this.
  7. puffer1958
    I just ordered mine. I wish I would have bought these first. I would have saved a shit-ton of money. I have got to sell some of this old equipment.
      MrBonez likes this.
  8. Tyler_Durden88
    What's the actual watt draw per light and the brand of the COB or is it their own brand. I stick with Cree but I'm expanding soon and looking for a good quality low cost light. Some of these companies put a price that's just insane taking advantage of people looking to give their plants the best they can. But when you look at the specs it's the same components as the cheaper ones.
    2. mcubed476
      If I understand what you are saying, no, they are not.

Are you talking about the ability to adjust the lights spectrum? These are simple plug n play. They are 3500w, but since I have purchased these I believe bigsmo has come out with other light spectrums.

I only grow autos, and I use them from the time I pop a seed in until harvest.
      mcubed476, Dec 12, 2018
      MrBonez likes this.
    3. Doc39835
      I think there are numerous reviews on these lights that will give you specifics on draw and spectrum. All I can tell you is the lights are easy on the electric bill and perform from sprout to harvest. Cobshop.net also has a Contact section at the bottom of the main page where you can get answers to the tech side of these lights.. If you do get the lights, make sure you buy the reflectors as well. They are a cone that attaches to the light and help it penetrate deeper into the plant. At 5.50 the additional cost is money well spent. I dont have the reflectors on mine right now because my grow got so spread out I needed broader coverage.
      Doc39835, Dec 12, 2018
    4. Tyler_Durden88
      I'm curious why they are called autocobs are they designed for autoflowers in mind?
      Tyler_Durden88, Dec 12, 2018
      puffer1958 likes this.
  9. forbiddenx711
    These make me want to buy some and grow a few plants in my garage.... I've seen other peoples grows with these and very impressed. Great review!!
      Bigg Al, MrBonez and mcubed476 like this.
    1. puffer1958
      careful about the smell it can really smell
      puffer1958, Dec 13, 2018
      forbiddenx711 likes this.
  10. BCBudlady
    Just one more happy customer here. I have 2 Autocobs and they have made a huge difference in bud density over my LED’s. I would love 2 more and gift away the LEDs. Cobshop has great customer service! My lamps were shipped and at my door in 3days!!