Wanna send a huge shout out to @Dabpress for being able to test this item. The DP-100 is almost idiot proof once you figure out the timers but after that its all fun and games!!
I myself, have never pressed rosin before. Always wanted to and then got the chance to test this item and finally make some rosin and smoke some of my own concentrates. Given the prices in the dispensaries i typically stayed away from the wax and shatter for two reasons. 1. I don't like solvents in my smoke. 2. The price of them is through the roof.
The nice thing with this press is i can get a cheap ounce and press some buds and make my own concentrates and have some decent smoke and get some amazing flavors.
So lets start with some un-boxing : First ill mention that the shipping on this item was AMAZINGLY fast, almost like it took a private jet and made it here over night.
As you can see this item is well packed and protected for the shipment and everything made it in great working order.
the construction on this item is solid and all the parts are quality from the fittings to the regulator to the plates and temp settings.
One thing that is needed is a compressor of some type and they recommend a max PSI of 165. I picked up a 110 max PSI compressor and set it at max pressure and the results were just fine for a home guy. Maybe down the road i will get a larger one but my results were amazing with a 110 PSI unit. Ill leave those pics out as we all know what a compressor looks like.
Once i got the unit out and tested for power and temp settings, i got to pressing some buds that i had.
Few more shots of the unit
Temp test, and the plates got to temp rather quickly.
Now lets get into the good stuff....Pressure tests and the actual pressing of some buds.
Full Press with temps a little higher than set temp. These plates will heat up beyond the set temp. Have to wait a few min for them to balance but they do balance out closer to the set temp. I ran this at these temps because I was running dual layered paper.
End of a 60 second press at the set temps and as you can see they are in range of the actual set temp. This has been consistant for me every time I set a temp it will rise, then level out and hold at desired temp.
As you can see the results were rather impressive for a first time.
This is the last item that i pressed and it was some crystal candy and the results are just awesome.
All in all i am impressed with this press....i have to say that the ease of use and the results are just what a guy at home would like. I havent had the chance to press keif yet or any bubble has but soon. I have a few plants that are finishing up and well make sure that they get their day in the press too!!
Id say if you have the exta cash and want some great solventless product, dabpress would be the place to go to get an all in one unit and get to pressing some Dabs!!
Thanks again @Dabpress you knocked this out of the park!
I was there... LIVE STONERS 4.20.2018 AFN T Shirts NOW AVAILABLE! PM Rebel for orders! WHITE & GRAY Available! $16 each! Stop by the Merchandise Thread to see samples!Dismiss Notice
Solo Cup Competition is Open for Voting....please take the time to Support your fellow growers by Voting.......loads of Wonderful Bush Porn..Dismiss Notice
..come hone your creative stone-story skills! Best of all, there's 2 winners picked this month, with 2 packs of Magic genetics each as prizes,...phaa-aat!Dismiss Notice
It's back for season 2! ... This is one of the most fun, diverse Comp's we run, full of thrills, chills and spills! So slap that helmet on, grab your best beans and start bustin' moves... Boooiiiii! ... just check in with our fab' MC 912GreenSkell.....Dismiss Notice
Miss the interview with PlatinumLED? Listen to the replay here!Dismiss Notice
- Manufacturer of Product:
- Manufacturer Website:
- Purchased From:
- Was sent to me for my honest review and showcase
- Retail Price of Product:
- Purchase Price of Product (including shipping):
- This was a test unit, old school swap. Review and word of mouth for the product.
- Did you receive this product for free?:
- I did, for my testing and review of the product.
- Your Intended Use of This Product:
- Exactly what it is designed for, pressing rosin at the house
- Link to AFN Grow Journals of Product in Use:
- Rate the Product Effectiveness:
- Rate the Ease of Use:
- Rate the Value for the Money:
- Positives About This Product:
- Ease of Use, shipping and customer sdervice
- Negatives About This Product:
- Plates could be a little bigger but this is a home unit and not for commercial use.
- Did the Product Satisfy Your Needs?:
- More than i expected. Great product and easy to use
- Who Do You Think This Product Is Intended For?:
- Home grower that wants solventless dabs
- Would You Purchase This Product Again?:
- Would You Recommend This Product?:
- already have to the commercial farm that i am working on