1. Kindness cost nothing but is valuable to all. Be kind today, don't let anyone steal your sunshine and if you meet someone missing theirs, shine on for them. Make it a great day!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. AFN is on Vimeo!

Come give us a follow and check out our tutorial videos by 912greenskell! Do you have Vimeo? Post your profile in this thread and we'll follow you!
    Dismiss Notice

Inkbird Pre-wired Humidity Controller

Author Rating:
5/5,
Manufacturer of Product:
InkBird
Manufacturer Website:
Ink-bird.com
Purchased From:
Amazon
Retail Price of Product:
Purchase Price of Product (including shipping):
36.99 USD
Did you receive this product for free?:
No
Your Intended Use of This Product:
Controlling the relative humidity in my tent to stay within VPD at all times.
Link to AFN Grow Journals of Product in Use:
https://www.autoflower.net/forums/threads/damien50-vs-00-seeds-autos-hps-600w-dtw.66482/#post-1847189
Rate the Product Effectiveness:
5/5,
Rate the Ease of Use:
5/5,
Rate the Value for the Money:
5/5,
Positives About This Product:
Easy to set up with a humidity probe, three prong 110v, and two 3 prong sockets labeled. One year warranty and easy instructions. Hole to mount to wall or a zip the like I did. Humidity probe is pretty long and accurate. Incredibly responsive to humidity.
Negatives About This Product:
None.
Did the Product Satisfy Your Needs?:
Absolutely.
Who Do You Think This Product Is Intended For?:
Anyone trying to attain a greater degree of control over their selected environment.
Would You Purchase This Product Again?:
Yeah.
Would You Recommend This Product?:
Yes, especially to new growers that struggle dialing in their environment.
Message to the Product Manufacturer:
Make a combo unit for temporrary and humidity with four sockets.
  • So I bought this controller after struggling to maintain my environment in my first grow and learning about VPD. It was 36.99 from Amazon and arrived in two days with free standard shipping. It was packaged neatly with the controller, instructions, and a one year warranty card.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]I plugged the controller in, plugged my exhaust and humidifier into their respective WORK 1 and WORK 2 sockets. After reading the definitions in the instructions I set my max humidity for 75% with dehumidification occurring at 76% and allowed a dip of 5% resulting in the humidifier coming on below 70%.

With controlling the humidity so well I have been able to maintain an average temperature consistently between 80-83f. I recommend this to anyone that wants to eliminate a factor in their growing through automation.

User Comments

To post comments, simply sign up and become a member!
  1. MedCzech
    Yep, I have both the temp and humidity. Be careful not the let the humidity be that high for too long. That range is really pushing the electric circuits in everything in the room. I know what they say, but anything over 75% will cause issues for lights, fans, etc.
    Just a little warning. I ran the high RH and it gave me issues with little things breaking or failing somehow. Thought is was bad luck and the realized I was just running the RH too high in veg.
      Damien50 likes this.
    1. Damien50
      I set it to 75 max but the fan extracts at 77 and the minimum is 70 so after a few hours in between 70-75 usually. Hopefully I don't have any issues but thanks for the warning
      Damien50, Aug 3, 2018
      MedCzech likes this.
  2. Saint Skinny
    Nice! I've been using a temp controller I wired up with an Inkbird ITC-1000, it's been working great!
      Damien50 likes this.
  3. Canipheng
    I have the same one and I love it. Hooked up to a 5 disk mist maker from house of hydro. Wished I bought a bigger unit. humistat works awesome. Good product worth every penny!
      Damien50 likes this.
  4. MesaBoogie
    Hey this is great, ty for doing a review. I was just thinking about adding a humidifier but wasn't sure how I would babysit it all the time. Definitely on the top of my list of things to add to my grow. I'm sitting at 30% RH right now and "winter is coming"
      Damien50 likes this.