My Rosin Press
@Eekman and I were asked to host the Manufacturing Engineer of My Rosin Press for a personal demonstration of the My Rosin Press. We were all very excited to see what he had.
We had a nice little group; @Eekman , @Son of Hobbes@Miss Widow @HawaiiGuy and me (@Root) gathered in my kitchen for an amazing afternoon with @MyRosinPress .
His passion for the press and strive for perfection really came out in his presentation. Which lasted several hours, I don’t think anyone wanted it to end and we were getting a little baked as we sampled some of the 13 grams he pressed.
Unpacking the box.
My Rosin Press comes in a sturdy box with foam cut outs for the unit to stay secure during shipping.
The unit it self is not very heavy, has a nice handle and a cord/tool caddy in the back and even has a cut out on the base to keep you from banging your leg as you walk while carrying it. My Rosin Press will also fit in a backpack, in case you want to travel with it.
There was a lot of thought that went into making the My Press.
Every unit is personally calibrated before it is shipped. (@MyRosinPress showed us how to do it and it’s really easy. It requires feeling the pressure the plates.) Detailed instructions are available on their website, @MyRosinPress assured us that calling their customer support, you will speak to a real live person, who really believes in their product and will help you with any issue.
My Rosin Press is a sturdy little machine that can sit on your counter, blending in with other appliances.
When you plug it in, it is in a safe mode, there is no heat going to the plates. There is a welcome message and then the lit up display shows the preset temperature of 220F, the mode (off) and the current temperature of the plates.
With the 4 white buttons on the left you turn on the heat to the plates, can raise or lower temperature and change from Fahrenheit to Celsius.
The housing is made with abs plastic, keeping the unit cool and lightweight. We used the demonstration unit for several hours and it did not heat up.
When you turn on the unit, push the lever down, it takes 6 to 12 minutes to get to temperature. It is pre set to the manufacture recommendation for pressing flower.
While the unit is heating up, you weigh out a 1 gram bud to press in the pollen press. Turning just til it stops will give you a nice size puck to press.
Next, pre-make as many envelopes as you need. Just cut some parchment about five inches long, and 2 inches wide, folding it in half the long way. Fold the side edges over in a zig-zag fashion so it doesn’t leak. (Check out the Press Hack on their website) Next place the puck into an envelope, and it is ready to press.
When the plates are up to temperature, raise the handle and place the envelope on the bottom plate. Lower the top plate to rest on top of the envelope for a 10 - 15 second pre-press. Then lower the plate all the way and the timer will start. Within a few seconds we could see the resin flow out like golden lava. @Son of Hobbes phone camera got such good pictures!
Total time pressing was 115 seconds.
At the end of the pressing, place your left hand on the base to brace the unit. With your right hand, raise the lever to unlock the plates and then all the way up. The unit does not get hot where you put your hand. It was designed to use air as insulation between the pressing plates and the abs plastic.
I wish there was such a thing as smell-o-vision...we pressed 13 grams during the demonstration. My kitchen smelled like a dispensary! We never did weigh the resin, we were too anxious to try it I guess.
The Genius Pipe (link to review) was first in our arsenal of smoking contraptions. The taste was so smooth…clean and very flavorful. It had no solvent taste!
It's back for season 2! ... This is one of the most fun, diverse Comp's we run, full of thrills, chills and spills! So slap that helmet on, grab your best beans and start bustin' moves... Boooiiiii! ... just check in with our fab' MC 912GreenSkell.....Dismiss Notice
Did you miss the interview with AgriScience Laboratories yesterday?Dismiss Notice
Come learn about cannabinoid testing and variance, pesticide/contaminant testing requirements in the state of Colorado, and how state/federal regulations factor into those requirements!
CLICK HERE TO LISTEN!
- Manufacturer of Product:
- Manufacturer Website:
- Purchased From:
- Directly from the Owner/Engineer.
- Retail Price of Product:
- My Rosin Press is on sale now for $420.00 Or My Press Rosin Deluxe Package on sale now for $449.00
- Purchase Price of Product (including shipping):
- I did not pay for my MyRosinPress. It came in a sturdy box with foam cutouts for stability during shipping. I understand the boxes shipped are unmarked and discrete.
- Did you receive this product for free?:
- I received MyRosinPress to test and evaluate on AutoFlower.net
- Your Intended Use of This Product:
- Now that I have a MyRosinPress I can make cannabis medables without the use of solvents.
And when I want a dab, the taste and smell of the rosin is decadent.
- Link to AFN Grow Journals of Product in Use:
- Root's MyRosinPress
- Rate the Product Effectiveness:
- Rate the Ease of Use:
- Rate the Value for the Money:
- Positives About This Product:
- Solventless rosin. This means better tasting dabs and better medicine.
MyRosinPress is the perfect size for use in the home. Small and light weight, can sit inconspicuously on the kitchen counter.
- Negatives About This Product:
- None I've encountered yet.
- Did the Product Satisfy Your Needs?:
- Definitely exceeded my expectations.
Being able to make medicine without the use of toxic solvents is a game changer in my book! I am working on revising some of my recipes to make a safer product with solventless resin.
- Who Do You Think This Product Is Intended For?:
- The home grower who makes their own canna meds, stoners and anyone who doesn't want to make concentrates with toxic solvents.
- Would You Purchase This Product Again?:
Although I didn't purchase this MyRosinPress, I would buy one if something should happen to this one.
The convenience of MyRosinPress and how easy it is to make solventless meds makes it worth every penny.
- Would You Recommend This Product?:
- Yes. We have a couple of members making their own smaller, personal presses and they are doing a wonderful job! But that is not feasible for most home growers. MyRosinPress is small and easy to press out a dab in minutes!