1. AFN IS BACK!!

Great News for Everyone is that WE'RE BACK! .... There's some minor issues still to fix, including picture upload size limits and some data over the last 10 days is currently missing and being searched for ... Bare with the Techies as this is worked out, as they've had a super rough ride for a week+

Three Cheers for the AFN ADMIN CREW

... Wwwillie ... Hobbes ... Mossy ... NG .... And all the others that made it work - Give them a high-five, rep-slap or kind word when you see them about

For more updates on the fixs or reporting any bugs, please see This Thread --> June 2019 Technical Issues

Dismiss Notice

Platinum P300 x2

Author Rating:
4.75/5,
Tags:
  • Originally I had the review up for some peppers, and honestly that is not what we are really here for. Right now I am 50 days into my current grow. This is my first attempt at a LED light source and honestly I am loving it. It has brought on new challenges that I haven't seen before but at the same time I am always up for something new.

Week By Week posts can be viewed here.
    https://www.autoflower.net/forums/threads/platinum-p300-x2-week-by-week.55252/

Ill start off by saying that this has by far been the best experience I have had with a new product. The vendor and their team has been outstanding and the lights are not far behind. I have raved and raved about these lights in my test thread and I can't complain about a damn thing about them. They work, they are reliable and they are built exceptionally well. The cooling system on these lights are stupid great, and they are also the coolest lights that I have ever ran.

I currently have a 32inx32ix63in tent running 2 x p300 lights in that space. I am also running a 435 cfm inline fan into a carbon filter. Ambient room temp is 68-70 degrees outside of the tent. Running both lights in veg mode temp in the tent with the fan on is 70-72 degrees. Once both bloom and veg switches were on temps in the tent were 73-75.

If you decide to run these in a tent of the same size with no extraction temps in bloom will hit 85 degrees and this is with two lights. the humidity will rise a bit as well. My rH has been around 50-55% a little higher than i like but with fans running and moving air things should be just fine.

I would rate these lights a full 5 but I have a few things that i would like to see with them. They, by far, have the highest PAR on them that i have seen as far as a LED can get. The outer row could use a wider angle lens as the light coverage drops rather fast towards the outside of the light. Im not being harsh, i am being honest. These lights are amazing but this is something that i would like to see to get the light spread on the outside a little wider given the narrow footprint of the light. The only other thing is the length of the hanging cables. Given today's ratchet hangers they don't need to be as long, i could see a 3 in cable to replace the stock ones and things would be great. Other than that i would completely refer these lights to a fellow grower and friend.

Now on to some pics....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ill be back to update later once they finish out ........

Dragons and a personal strain called Fairy lights finished out under Platinum LED
    Dragon
    [​IMG]
    Dragon
    [​IMG]
    Fairy Lights
    [​IMG]

Bubba Kush
    [​IMG]

Bubba Kush 1
    [​IMG]

Bubba Kush 2
    [​IMG]

Cured Bubba Kush

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Share this Item

You, Ghost, F.N. and 20 others like this.

User Comments

To post comments, simply sign up and become a member!
  1. F.N.
    There spectrum is the best bar none. I have never read anywhere of one burning out NEVER. Platinum P series broke the mold as far as quicker production and trichome production and terpenes. You get what you pay for with Platinum. You did an excellent report on them.
  2. F.N.
    There spectrum is the best bar none. I have never read anywhere of one burning out NEVER. Platinum P series broke the mold as far as quicker production and trichome production and terpenes. You get what you pay for with Platinum. You did an excellent report on them.
  3. Buds Buddy
    Nice Grow. Can't believe you got 10 plants in that small tent. I have a hard time with 10 plants in my 5' x 10' x 7' tent. Once they get big it makes it a PITA to water without removing a plant or 2 from the tent. Out of curiosity what would you say you harvested per plant ? Just wondering because I just bought 2 - Advanced Platinum P 900's & I will be starting my 1st grow with them in about a week. I'm really wondering what to expect after dropping over $4,000 into my whole new set up. I bought all high quality stuff this time ie....Max Fan, Phresh Filters, etc. Got tired of 2 - 2.5 oz. per plant. Looking for at least 6 oz. per plant so went out a limb to try to accomplish it. So I'm very interested in how your lights performed compared to other lights you've used.
      F.N. likes this.
  4. F.N.
    Simply outstanding. You have grown a lot of weed with around then 370 watts from the wall amazing.
      FullDuplex and PlatinumLEDTom like this.
  5. GIBSTAR
    what have u done different from say hps and can you look at my post gibstar is the name as i like what am seeing from your girls
  6. Loud Pipes
    Thanks for the excellent review! I'm switching led brands and right now 2 of these Platinum 300"s are being strongly considered but I also want reliability. I'm looking for growers that have used their lights trouble free for at least a year. Pipes
      Dvb403, PlatinumLEDTom and FullDuplex like this.
    1. HemiSync
      Probably too late to help you make a decision but my two P300s have been running since Aug 2015 full time except for 4 months I took off during the two plus years. Although you could say that was made up but the fact that I was growing autos most of the time at 18/6 and rarely had them on 12/12.
      HemiSync, Mar 20, 2018
      Dvb403 and FullDuplex like this.
  7. DarkShadow
    Mannnn... All that looks so vivacious! Brought a tear to my eye... I'm hoping I can get on board like this. Question: Did you germinate all your seeds in soil? What was the soil and the mix? Also, did you plant multiple seeds in one pot? How does that work??? If you can't tell, I'm new and in need of a good mentor.

DS
      PlatinumLEDTom and FullDuplex like this.
    1. FullDuplex
      If you get a chance there is a thread called White Jem/Black Dragon, details are there. Also check out the platinum section as i have two threads there that detail the grow.
      FullDuplex, Dec 29, 2016
      PlatinumLEDTom likes this.
    2. F.N.
      These have proven to be a great light for the price. It will last for years and years my man.
      F.N., Mar 21, 2018
      PlatinumLEDTom likes this.
  8. Clayman
    Very nice I am smashed just looking at the pic`s I can smell it from here yum.
      Eekman, PlatinumLEDTom and FullDuplex like this.
  9. Gunnerboy76
    Awesome sweet brother love it
  10. realtree
    hey everybody great job on everything that's for sure! are you going to do a smoke report on the auto bubba kush ?
    1. FullDuplex
      I will, i typically wait for the cure. I like to give a proper report rather than several at different stages
      FullDuplex, Oct 13, 2016
      Dvb403 likes this.