1. No Site Badges will be issued until after our server update. Sorry..the Update does not support the current format. All current site badges will be lost. As soon as possible after the update.. we will have a New updated set for 2019
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey everyone, we're officially live on the new server but we're finding some errors being thrown out when it comes to image uploads; we're working hard on getting things fixed up so it's a smooth process again so please bear with us!

Please report any bugs in the Announcements forum!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. General Battle 2019. First Leg Winner was The Mugwamp with his Dutch Passion Auto Critical Orange Punch. Grown under 250w hps dual spectrum lights. CONGRATULATIONS
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Winner of the Mephisto First Leg Battle was MrOldBoy with Mephisto Sam's Crack..in Living Organic oils under Optic4 lights. CONGRATULATIONS MrOldBoy
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Winner of the Lighting Battle. First Leg 2019 is Iriee Vibez with a Dutch Passion Auto Glueberry OG under a mix of Kind Led ..RapidLED COBs and Chilled Logic Puck. CONGRATULATIONS.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Congratulations to Mesaboogie who Won the Dinafem 1st Leg Battle 2019 Well Grown....
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Seed Stockers First Leg Battle 2019 was Won by our own woody... CONGRATULATIONS woody...Taking one for the Staff Team...
    Dismiss Notice

Prism Lighting Science 315w Cmh Ballast

Author Rating:
5/5,
Link to Thread:
https://www.autoflower.net/forums/threads/db003-pls-315w-cmh-super-soil-2x4-grow-tent.65994/

https://www.autoflower.net/forums/threads/prism-lighting-science-cmh-test-grow-2018.63679/
Introduction/Overview:
Prism Lighting Science Ceramic Metal Halide Ballasts are designed to run 315W CMH lamps safely and effectively. UL listing and multiple ballast protections such as ignition failure protection offer safe usage for your indoor environment as well maximizing the PAR output of your Ceramic Metal Halide lamps. Compare to Philips CMH/CDM ballast, with all the same functionality and 3 year warranty, at a fraction of the price.

The Prism Lighting Science CMH Ballast was made to have all the features and technology needed for optimal performance with none of the expensive frills in order to keep it priced as competitively as possible. Comes with a 120v power cord.

Ballast Specifications:
Wattage: 315W
Input Volt: 120V/240V
Input Current: 2.89A / 1.42A
Input Power: 343W
Min Power Factor: .95
THD: <15%
Crest Factor: <1.7

Ballast Physical
Length 215mm / 8.46 in
Width 178mm / 7.01 in
Height 92.5mm / 3.64 in
Weight 3.0kg / 6.62lb lb

Ballast Protections
1. End of Life (EOL) Protection
2. Short circuit protection
3. Open circuit protection
4. Ignition failure protection
5. Thermal protection

Ballast Installation & Application Notes
1. Max allowable case temperature: 75 Degrees C / 167 Degrees F
2. Ambient Temperature: -20, +55 Deg. C / -4, +131 Deg. F
3. Max. Humidity: 95%
4. Ignition voltage is 5kV

Ballast Performance Requirements:
  • Rated mains voltage: 120-240V
  • Voltage range: (+/-10%): 108-264V
  • Mains frequency: 50/60 hz
  • Operation Frequency: 140-220kHz
  • Wave Type: Square
  • Description of Product/Service:
    315w cmh grow light ballast
    Company Name:
    Prism Lighting Science
    Product/Service Website:
    https://growershouse.com/
    Top Three Features:
    1. white light spectrum
    2. low wattage
    3. low heat
    The problem and the promise?:
    no problems whats so ever it worked perfectly
    Purchased From?:
    https://growershouse.com/
    Purchase Price:
    $129.99
    Warranty:
    3 year warranty from the manufacture
    I was sent this ballast to test for AFN in a 315w cmh package from growershouse.com that included a sun system 315w hood and a philips 3100k cmh bulb it was a complete plug and play package
  • First Impressions:
    I love the spectrum as soon as a fired up the light it was bright white light and gave me a chance to see what my plants look like under the light with out having to turn the light off
    Actual Benefits Provided:
    every plant that I grew with this light did great
    Who should use this product/service?:
    anyone how is looking for a low wattage low heat grow light with a white light spectrum
    User Friendly?:
    yes its a very easy light to setup and use its plug and play
    Who should NOT use this product/service?:
    if you have a very small grow space typically any grow space smaller then a 2.5x2.5 or have no ventilation whats so ever
    Comparable Products/Services:
    315w cmh ballast
    How long have you used this product/service?:
    9 months that would a be a total of 3 autoflower grows
  • Positives/Benefits:
    its a great light one of the beat I have used to date
    Negatives/Drawbacks:
    it does produce some heat like all grow lights but it does very well even with the heat it does produce
    Able to overcome negatives?:
    with some good ventilation or a/c you wont even bat a eye at the heat it does produce
    Rate the Product Quality:
    • High Quality
    Would You Purchase This Product Again?:
    yes I would
    Would you recommend this product/service to another grower?:
    yes I do and I recommend
    Conclusion/Final Thoughts:
    this was one of the best light I have used to date it works well its easy to set up and take down it does produce some heat in a small space but every grow light does

I gave this light 5 out of 5 stars because out of all the lights I have used in my 2x4x6 tent it has produced the best buds and yield to date including a led set up and a 600w hps setup that I have tried in the same tent

I really cant find any faults with this light

Share this Item

Tetra9, Unique, Archaic and 3 others like this.

User Comments

To post comments, simply sign up and become a member!
  1. SitnSpin
    You, my friend, are a lucky dog! Let's see that light's stuff!
  2. Kingofjs
    It says purchase price $129.00 dont see up anywhere for that.
      db003 likes this.
    1. db003
      $129 is the price of the ballast alone by itself but they have some great package deals with this ballast here is a link to the ballast

https://growershouse.com/prism-lighting-science-315w-ceramic-mh-ballast-120-240v
      db003, Nov 1, 2018
  3. PhatK
      Clix and db003 like this.
    1. db003
      hey thanks for stopping by my grow review as for your question I was talking about the price of the ballast alone by itself for 129 but for 196 the ballast and bulb is still a bargain since its the philips cmh bulb and it is the best bulb on the market
      db003, Sep 26, 2018
      Clix, PhatK and lunarman like this.