1. AFN would like to extend a warm welcome to Oregon Elite Seeds, a USA-based seed bank that carries a growing variety of autoflowers and photoperiods! Come welcome them with us in their new forum on AFN!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Festivus is wrapping up. Stop in and congratulate the winners. https://www.autoflower.net/forums/forums/3rd-annual-afn-festivus/
    Dismiss Notice

Pulse One

Author Rating:
4.75/5,
Link to Thread:
https://www.autoflower.net/forums/threads/pulse-labs-tester-group.62773/
Introduction/Overview:
The pulse one is a grow room monitor meant to the environment inside of your grow room.
  • Description of Product/Service:
    The Pulse One is a grow room monitor used to observe and track Temperature, Relative humidity, Light and Vapor deficit pressure in your grow room. It also gives you the ability to do this using wifi and or data with your phone or any internet capable device.
    Company Name:
    PULSE LABS, INC.
    Product/Service Website:
    https://getpulse.co/
    Top Three Features:
    1. Wifi capable
    2.Sends notifications via Email or text
    3.Allows users to adjust or make corrections to the unit themselves
    The problem and the promise?:
    The Pulse One was designed to let you know the status of your grow environment. Even if you are now where near it. It also is suppose to make you aware immediately if something is wrong in your grow room. (Example) Your temperature has gone to high or to low.
    Purchased From?:
    https://getpulse.co/
    Purchase Price:
    $199.00
    Warranty:
    1 year, defects and workmanship
    PulseOne.jpg Screenshot_20180918-145710_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20180918-145922_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20180918-145941_Chrome.jpg
  • First Impressions:
    The Pulse One was well packaged when it arrived. It was easy to set up and was visually appealing. I was Impressed with it's clear instructions and ease of use.
    Actual Benefits Provided:
    It gave me the ability to ether keep my grow room environment stable or warned me when it wasn't. It also gave me the ability to check my environment when I was away from my grow room. This gave peace of mind. This is especially nice when holidays come around and I need to travel some distance.
    Who should use this product/service?:
    Anyone that wants the ability to always know their grow room environment and has wifi near their grow room.
    User Friendly?:
    Very user friendly.
    Who should NOT use this product/service?:
    Anyone who doesn't have internet and Wifi near their grow room
    Comparable Products/Services:
    None I know of.
    How long have you used this product/service?:
    9 months
  • Positives/Benefits:
    I loved the ability to use to check the pulse no matter where I was. It made my life allot easier. I also used the history to see what happened in my grow overnight when I was sleeping. This would allow me to make corrections I would other wise not know I needed.
    Negatives/Drawbacks:
    I really didn't like the Pulses hole mount for hanging.
    Able to overcome negatives?:
    I ended up using a s hook to help hang it where I wanted.
    Rate the Product Quality:
    • High Quality
    Would You Purchase This Product Again?:
    I plan to purchase 2 - 3 more of these in the future. Once I expand my grow.
    Would you recommend this product/service to another grower?:
    Yes
    Conclusion/Final Thoughts:
    The pulse has been a life saver for my grow. Previous to the pulse I had to manually go and check my grow repeatedly through the day. With sometimes this being impossible or through the night while slept my grow would often drift one way or the other with out my knowledge.

This is now a problem of the past. I can now make quick adjustment when needed to avoid what could be problems later. The Pulse has added a stability to my grow room that was previously just not there. I rated the Pulse 4.75 out of 5. The only reason I didn't give it a 5 out of 5 is because the hanging issue.

I would also like to add that customer service is great with this company. Early on in testing I noticed my Pulse had suddenly off readings. Customer service worked directly with me to try and find the cause and solution. I didn't have to wait more then 24hrs for a response. They were patient and pleasant to deal with and solved my issue quickly.

User Comments

To post comments, simply sign up and become a member!
  1. lunarman
    Hey Clix. I can't reply to your reply.

Did you find the charts/graphs to be useful? Did you look at data daily, weekly etc on the chart just to look at the plot? Or was that not even necessary?
      wwwillie and Clix like this.
    1. Clix
      Hey no probs man I would look daily at trends over the night time aka did my temps dip to low or get to high kinda deal. This was useful for me because I shut my notifications off at night as I didn't want to be disturbed while I slept. This was my main use of the graphs themselves. Note: even with notifications turned off when you log in you will still get them on the pulse app itself it will tell you the time your incident happened and such. An example of how I used this info after lights off to just before lights on my temps dropped 15 degrees. I could see when the fastest drop in temps were and compensate with having my air con set to go off during those times and back on when it started to warm. As far as the first screen you see when you log into the pulse witch is the second picture down from the top on the first page of my review. I would look at this allot lol Almost obsessively.
      Clix, Sep 18, 2018
      wwwillie and lunarman like this.
    2. lunarman
      Hey, I can reply to my reply as a way to reply to your reply. Replies out the ass man! I would like to have a tool like that actually. I could get obsessed with it for sure.

Do you know about the wifi power bars? I have one and each 3 prong outlet can be controlled remote by phone. You can create labels for each outlet like HPS, fan, dehumid, pump etc. And you can remotely turn the devices off or on from your phone. Or can you also setup timers for each outlet where you schedule on and off times (mutliple times per day too) for a device thru the day. Cheap too. I could see the wifi powerbar and a Pulse being two tools used together.
      lunarman, Sep 18, 2018
    3. Clix
      Lmao awesome. No I didn't actually that's amazing and I want one lol. I've been using timers but a wifi power bar sounds way more convenient. I'm going to check that out. Thanks for the tip man :D
      Clix, Sep 18, 2018
      wwwillie and lunarman like this.
  2. lunarman
    So is this thing really worth the money? That's what i want to know. I measure my own temps and RH and keep it in the VPD sweet spot during veg. Pretty low tech but I do have a wifi camera in my tent that points at the hygrometer so I can real time monitory the temp and RH from anywhere at any time. But I don't get any alarms or graphs like the Pulse can do. But I can't see the value in the Pulse for a personal grow like mine.

BTW, I checked out your link but the thread is 43 pages long.

AFN reviewers should do their own threads instead of everyone being in one thread so when reviews get posted later it links to just that persons thread. I don't want to have to read 43 pages of a massive thread just to see what you thought of the Pulse. Just a constructive bit of feedback for whoever sets up review on the vendor boards. I see this is being done with autopots communal testing now. That thread is going to be a big pig when its done. Way to big to be useful for people after its all over and they are doing searches on threads.

@Son of Hobbes
    1. Clix
      For me it is but I also don't have the set up you have. I had nothing to monitor except going in the room itself. If you find the extra info to be worth it. Then yes. If you're happy with your current set up then no. Side bar that was pretty clever with the camera I wouldn't have thought of that. I agree with you on the way the tests layout has been done it's difficult to find info.
      Clix, Sep 18, 2018
      Son of Hobbes and lunarman like this.
    2. getpulse.co
      Great feedback regarding the AFN threads, we will get that sorted. To answer your question: no matter what size grow you have, you are investing time and money. Preventing a total loss and constantly dialing in your setup and better understanding the outcomes your changes is ridiculously valuable. Crop loss is easy to understand and the value of the data is outlined in this article: http://www.cannabisbusinesstimes.com/article/4-cultivators-share-their-best-data-tracking-lessons/
      getpulse.co, Sep 18, 2018