Plants love the spectrum

Easy to hang and daisy chain

Extremely well built, the best I've seen
    The problem and the promise?:
    They promise to grow plants and they do it with style
    Purchased From?:
    gifted for a testing
    Purchase Price:
    just over £600 when I first resived them at the end of last year but I am now find them for under £500
    Time for my few words on the light but before I get there here is the spill SANlight gives on their website about the Q6W...

"Developed from all the experience gathered by SANlight in recent years, the Q6W light combines all the benefits SANlight has come to offer with new features that make it more convenient and future-proof.
    The highest efficiency, perfect light control and passive cooling are complemented by some new features.
    By using a Y distributor (available as an accessory), you can operate up to 7 Q6W lights on a household power outlet. For industrial applications even more lights can be operated on one circuit breaker.
    The secondary optics (lens) have a precisely defined 90° beam angle. As a result, the light is distributed homogeneously over your cultivation area and the losses due to light scattering are minimized. The wide radiation pattern also helps you to cultivate high-growth indoor plants with limited height.
    The breeding of fruit-forming short-day plants indoors without daylight, in particular requires high light intensities (PPFD). The broadband light spectrum of the Q6W not only promotes the maximum photosynthesis rate, but also helps the plant regulate its hormone balance. Better yields and healthier plants are the result.
    As a Q6W user, after several years of operation, you can easily and cost-effectively upgrade your light to a state-of-the-art technology by having the LED modules replaced by a certified retail partner. This is done in no time at all. It not only saves resources, but also your money.
    With The Q6W, SANlight has created a product that is versatile and leaves nothing to be desired."

• 580µmol/s PPF
    • broadband, continous light spectrum especially for fruit-forming plants
    • power consumption 215W
    • power Factor > 0,95
    • radiation angle 90°
    • rectangular and homogeneous illumination of the cultivating area
    • 3 years full warranty
    • Led modules / light engines can be exchanged with sales partners
    • 90% of light output after 80.000h runtime (LM90)
    • daisychainable
    • passive cooling

Now for the proof in the pudding... Round 01 of the test, Zombie Kush by Ripper seeds

20190121_190846.jpg
    From the off I knew these lights had something special, I've been growing with Citizen cobs and HLG QB's for the past couple of years with great results but as soon as I hooked these lights up and saw the reaction from the plants, I knew this spectrum had something special to it. I have never had my lady's prey this hard from the off.

20190218_184113.jpg

On that first grow I got a tent full of chunky rock hard buds. No complainants but was it me or the lights that brought the magic so I decided to do another test with clones of a cut I had grown out twice before

20190126_192514.jpg 20190127_204327.jpg

Round 2 of the test grow... OG Candy Dawg Kush by seed stockers (photo)
    Having growing this cut out twice before I knew what I was getting and boy the SANlights did not
    disappoint.

20190311_191121.jpg

I saw a noticeable difference on bud size and density, far larger buds with secondary buds becoming top shelf. The penetration these light give is awesome, far better than my HLG QB's... The yield was amazing, my best yet smashing all my records in that space.

20190405_190151.jpg

Once dried and cured is when I really noticed the difference the SANlight Q6W had brung to the table. On the past two grow of this cut the buds were a little spongy and lost a little in size wile drying, but with the SANlight's they are larger, solid and have not lost any size from drying. It like its a completely different plant, if it wasn't for the turp profile I would have said I got my clones mixed up (I didn't)

20190502_114832.jpg

20190502_115030.jpg

The test grow is still under way and we are now looking at what one SANlight Q6W can pull from a 2 x 4 space, come over and join in the fun - https://www.autoflower.net/forums/threads/slater-tests-sanlight-q6w.68477/page-17
  • First Impressions:
    Very well package with recyclable material. Super awesome design soon as you see it out of the box you notice the built quality is second to none
    Actual Benefits Provided:
    It grows the dank... really really well
    Who should use this product/service?:
    Some one who is looking to grow indoors on 2x4 or a 4x4 and want to buy a pre built LED unit that kick's ass.
    User Friendly?:
    Super easy to hang and daisy chain
    Who should NOT use this product/service?:
    Any one who is prejudice against LED's and are still living in a world of HID... it's not your bag baby but if you willing to try I bet you will never look back
    Comparable Products/Services:
    I would put SANlight in the same league as GN, HLG and Chilltech. They are at the top with the best... this is no "Burple" light
    How long have you used this product/service?:
    Started the test in Nov 2018
  • Positives/Benefits:
    Grows the dank, extremely well built, easy to hang and daisy chain
    Negatives/Drawbacks:
    No negative's found yet, nothing but positives for this light
    Rate the Product Quality:
    • High Quality
    Would You Purchase This Product Again?:
    I would most certainly give my money to SANlight
    Would you recommend this product/service to another grower?:
    Yes... if your in the market for a pre built LED grow light and your not wanting to ship from the good old USA then SANlight is your first port of call
    Conclusion/Final Thoughts:
    To concluded this review I would so recommend the SANlight Q6W, worth every penny... SANlight deserve their place at the top with the big names like HLG, Chilltech, GN and Migro. Just because they are not getting the YouTube coverage does not mean they belong with the "Burple" gang... My bet is if they went side by side with any one of those company the differences will be negligible on yield.

I know where some of my future money will be going and that's in SANlight pockets.

Kick ass lights for the new generation of growers.

2 x Q6W's will easily replace about 800w of HID lighting, maybe more.

Share this Item

User Comments

To post comments, simply sign up and become a member!
  1. Greg Mcallister
    Aloha & World Class LED and grow.
      Daxxor likes this.
  2. The Iconoclast
    I would be useful to see a direct clone to clone side by side with the sanslight vs something else.
      Daxxor and Slater like this.
    1. Slater
      that may happen in the future
      Slater, May 14, 2019
  3. natertots
    No US distributors that I can find?
  4. Waira
    :hothot: :hump: giggady! Mate I've been eyeing QB's for a while now, then you go and screw it all up with these! :rofl: :bravo:

Excellent review Slater, this is how it's done proper - :bow: ...A strain well known by you, cloned and grown under an apples-to-apples runs with just the lights as the variable... No arguing with those results either! :drool:.... it kills me the testing was EU only, I'm jeallie as hell.....:rofl: :cheers: :thanks:
    1. Slater
      Thank you Waria, I can't say enough good stuff about SANlight. They do deserve their place at the top with the best.

That is a tuff one, I think the new QB's with the add red will be on par if not just pip the SANlights, on paper the QB's win all the time. SANlight runs hotter due to the driver being built in and are better at projecting the heat down which go's in there favor loads in my books, much higher leaf surface temps compared to my QB and COB set ups...but... with 2 running temps can run high quick, mind you this is more and likely due to my set up

My next set for my next room ( hopfully 5x5) would be a SANlight in the middle with 2 QB either side pulling around the 700w mark.
      Slater, May 10, 2019
      Waira likes this.
    2. Waira
      Like you needed another reason to wear a Union Jack banana hammock while servicing the ladiezzz-- LOLOL! no pictures please!

I was going to ask about the heat out put, which indeed can be a plus,.. or not... personally, I'd welcome some heat, since the tent is in an outside courtyard under the eaves.... those sinks look like they belong on an old airplane engine!
      QB's are showing very well too, no doubt! What draws my interest most in this type lighting is the broader more evenly balanced coverage, less shadowing....
      Waira, May 10, 2019
  5. St. Tom
    awesome review @Slater i will do mine in a few weeks no point doing them both at same time i thought
      Daxxor, Waira and Slater like this.
    1. Slater
      thanks Tom, looking forward to when you do yours my friend
      Slater, May 9, 2019