1. No Site Badges will be issued until after our server update. Sorry..the Update does not support the current format. All current site badges will be lost. As soon as possible after the update.. we will have a New updated set for 2019
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Auto Seeds:::for 420 we will be doing a site wide 35% off all strains and merch. No codes, no qualifying criteria, just 35% off everything
    Dismiss Notice

New Grower 1 is too tall!

Discussion in 'Grow Rooms: Components, Management & Spaces' started by iman, Mar 24, 2019.

1. iman

iman Auto Warrior

Hi guys,

Second grow and first attempt at lst which went pretty well apart from one plant that has got taller and forcing me to have light a bit too high for the others. I have the lowest in the middle. There are 7 total. Can I try and pull the main cola on the tall plant down with string? My concern is that as it gets big will I then have to support that one due to it’s horizontal angle?

Thanks

Tags:
    archie gemmill likes this.
  2. iman

iman Auto Warrior

3. AutoWonders

AutoWonders Cannabidiol Heaven

If you can't raise the other plants, then bending etc will be the way to go. My personal preference is using needle nose pliers. I put masking tape on the jaw and give a series of soft squeezes until cola is horizontal. Stake if necessary. You can bend and tie as well.

4. iman

iman Auto Warrior

Thanks, will the weight of the cola be ok on the stem at that angle? It’s still at a point where I can gently lst it over with twine. I would have to raise 6 plants otherwise.

5. AutoWonders

AutoWonders Cannabidiol Heaven

Whatever you feel comfortable with. Growers do all kinds of tying. If you do decide to bend, you can use a band of duct tape to help with stalk strength, as well as staking, as I mentioned earlier.