• Come join us as we welcome Horticulture Lighting Group to the Autoflower Network!

We have an official representative from HLG that will be active on the forum to answer your questions, several units that are coming for our official product testing (grow and show's,) and we'll be working together to provide better information on lighting in general!

Come say hello!
  • Do you LOVE AFN?? bighug We do too!! But we need your help to keep the servers running!

If you feel like AFN has been useful in your journey and would like to help us pay some of the bills, we have a gofundme page setup for donations.
    Any amount that you can spare will be gratefully received

Click [HERE] to donate to AFN

New Grower 1st Time Grower ILGM Grandaddy Purple Auto in 3gallon fabric

indicalla

On Grow #2
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Fast Buds Northern Lights, Seedsman Purple Punch
Dude, these just look gorgeous. You must be excited.

I've seen/heard smart and successful growers argue both sides of the dark-days thing, as far as the benefit it brings, but I've never heard anybody say it can cause problems. I think I'll do it if I don't kill my girls in the meantime!

420Forever

Life Begins At 420
Staff member
AFN Global Moderator
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
The sweet taste of life :-)
I watered them all and looked under the scope, I'm seeing mostly clouds with ambers making their way in kinda, 1% maybe.
I took no test nugget as i could not bring myself to cut her early lol and i want a final weight per plant without exceptions. i have enough bud to get me through a few more days of amber huntings and maybe a 6-7 day dry.

Should i be doing a 48 hour darkness on them when i decide they are ready or just chop whenever i feel like it?

View attachment 1317477View attachment 1317476View attachment 1317478
dark time helpz bring out the terpz :headbang: ppp

DCLXVI

Non smoker
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Old Man Kostas. Meraki!
Strong work there!

mcpd_refugee

User of Too Many Words
Reaction score
Some pretty flowers there. From what I can see you have mostly cloudy with a chance of ambers. And ILGM says you can harvest at 10 weeks. I’d say give it a go.

Cooterjuice

Auto Warrior
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Grand Daddy Purple/ Pineapple Express
They look tasty!!

420Forever

Life Begins At 420
Staff member
AFN Global Moderator
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
The sweet taste of life :-)

LoveDaAutos

Auto Warrior
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Non Smoker
So if you go 48 hours of darkness when the lights go out does that put you harvesting earlier then the Day 75 window? I'm not there to look the plants over close up with my own two eyes but I believe I would let the plant in the front left go longer then that. She has an awful lot of white pistils unless they are new ones. I think the hardest thing for a grower, especially a newer grower to do is remain patient and let the plant finish. Consider going to 48 hours of darkness on day 73 and then harvesting on day 75.

Zeromitch

13 autos 0 photos
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Grandaddy Purple, Blue Dream
Those are old white pistils, from what i see they are all just waiting to turn red. The smallest plant is ahead of the other 3 as she has no white pistils at all. I could remove her from the tent and put her in a coat closet for a few days then chop her or i chop them all at once. I would like to chop them all at once if i can.
I can give them a few more days to ripen up on the white pistils if you think its best but no later than day 73, i'm wanting a more energetic high from the bud if that matters on bud harvesting time.

I'll admit i'm in a rush to get them out and get another set in the tent haha and I'm wanting some new bud.

LoveDaAutos

Auto Warrior
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Non Smoker
Do your 48 hours of darkness tonight then.