• Come join us as we welcome Horticulture Lighting Group to the Autoflower Network!

We have an official representative from HLG that will be active on the forum to answer your questions, several units that are coming for our official product testing (grow and show's,) and we'll be working together to provide better information on lighting in general!

Come say hello!

2 qb288 and xlg-240-h-ab

Jumby_growr

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Series or parallel? Using individual heatsink on each board and a potentiometer for dimming.

wwwillie

AFN Vibe Guardian
Staff member
AFN Admin
AFN Global Moderator
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Website
www.highofthetiger.com
Currently Smoking
anything I can get my hands on!
I think with that combo, parallel is your only option. Parallel gets you 6000ma max current handling at the 54v of the driver so the drivers 4900ma won’t hurt. Parallel is always considered a bit more risky, thermal runaway and all that, but I’ve read that the HLG qb288s are beasts and should be able to handle. I’ve have some HLG qb288s but they are wired in series with a different driver.

low_and_slow

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Yeah, the driver kinda boxes you into parallel here with the voltage, they also recommend in the data sheet to install resistors in series with the boards to protect for over current. Should get some awesome results with that spread, I have an RspecV2 and I'm curious to see the differences with the 288s. At 15" from canopy that thing should have insane uniformity of coverage.

Jumby_growr

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
I missed that in the data sheet. I saw resistors in the part on dimming options but that's it