2019 mid Michigan Growtogrow outside

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by Growtogrow, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Growtogrow

Growtogrow Smoke Cannabis Live with Friends on AFN Global Moderator

You know what I use is those 55 gallon plastic drums and I'll cut those in half and I cut a bunch of drain holes in the very bottom of it.... nothing can borrow through that plastic that lives in the ground between 0 and the bottom of the Barrel there's not a whole lot of things that are cruise around below 6 or 7 in anyways so if you got that Barrel in the ground with a couple inches above the ground you got plenty of dirt in there to do the job and nothing's going to get through it unless it can crawl up and over the side.
    If you don't have access to plastic barrels like that then you could use plastic totes just get the big ones drill holes in it put in the ground do the same job.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. trailanimal

trailanimal son of soil Staff Member Global Moderator

quick being key, autos all the way for me

3. AltheGardener

AltheGardener Smoke Cannabis Live with Friends on AFN

Currently Smoking:
    Dark Devil, Amnesia, not particularly in that order...
    I'm noticing, speaking of barrels, that rain water is excellent for the plants. I've got very hard water, 276 foot well that measures in the high 7s, sometimes 8. This has been a weirdly good year for rain water, I'm trying to decide what to do to store it longer. Guess I need to be on the lookout for blue barrels. For the winter grow I'm collecting snow. I know it's not absolutely necessary but man they respond so much better to rain ph, and the nutes work so much better with more neutral water. I like the burying idea, too many pests here that burrow, including cutworms, my arch-nemesis. Thanks for getting me thinking!

4. Jc420bigbud

Jc420bigbud O.G. Stoner

Currently Smoking:
    Cinderella 99, acdc CBD, honeysuckle, blue cheese, bubblegum, what's my name so much.
    Natural spring water my friend ! Anywhere around you got one ? My well feeds from a natural spring n my ph is always 6.5 6.7 always even if I neut it it's in that range but usually I just add molasses!

5. Jc420bigbud

Jc420bigbud O.G. Stoner

Currently Smoking:
    Cinderella 99, acdc CBD, honeysuckle, blue cheese, bubblegum, what's my name so much.
    Your outdoor is so cool bud ! It's like when indoor meets outdoor! Very interesting for sure.

6. Growtogrow

Yes rain water..
    This is last years rain collection system.
    This year I have 4 barrels and a in the barrel water pump. Now I can water in a few minutes and run the soak hose too[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7. Growtogrow

Thanks man
    Ha ha... yeah That's what it is.
    I treat the plants the same way.
    Inside or out.. Super cropping, LST, EST, scrog net,. Maybe next I'll try the sea of green.
    I've kind of have it going.. a little bit with the 2nd crops 4 big plant's in the small cage. The canopy is about level from South to North. The only thing...is the plants are all different.

Left to right
    Incredible bulk
    Afghan skunk
    Blueberry cookies
    Big bud
    These plant's got away from me.
    I've been working with them daily for a little bit .. Pulling them down every day sometimes twice a day. They keep growing faster than I can keep up with right now with all the trimming.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

8. Growtogrow

Well the Blues is bagged and tagged..
    I got just under a pound of AAA bud absolutely fantastic weed smells good tastes good effects are outstanding can't be mad[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

9. Growtogrow

Bagged the final Dinafem seeds Ocean Grown cookies

So got 203 grams of quality AAA bud out of this plant.

The Cure is Young yet and so the final flavors not known right now.
    But it's earthy a little bit on the harsh side yet maybe even to say greener. But the overall flavor profile at this points not bad it's certainly not a real strong one. Maybe that's because it's called Ocean Grown ? it does seem Lite n Airy kind of flavor right now hard to describe. I might even say it's flavorless.

The effects are okay. It seems to be a laid-back Buzz maybe leaning towards Indica a little bit. Yeah I'm definitely feeling a good I don't care about anything feeling lol.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

10. Growtogrow

Put some of the dragon blood away today... bagged it got a little over half pound so far.
    still got more to finish drying before I can jar it all.

It was an okay plant. I don't think I'll run it again the buds are a little Airy and only the buds that were on the very top and ends of the branches seem to get dank the rest did not. That might suggest that it needs much more time then what the breeder even thinks that it might need...?

So I Sun-dried some of it.
    A pic of the sun dried and the regular hung dry side by side. Y'all can see the colors difference at least.[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019