2019 mid Michigan Growtogrow outside

• Well, we're still working on things and I imagine we'll see some bugs, some breaking, and things that need to get fixed. We'll start on the most critical things first and work our way down. We're still installing add-on's and squaring away some licensing stuff, but feel free to browse the board and we'll update everyone on when things are added, restored, or otherwise changed.
Cannabis Seeds

Growtogrow

Auto Warrior
Global Moderator
Mar 1, 2017
Currently Smoking
Blueberry cookies and Chocolate mint og Hu
:cheers::pass::woody:
The incredible bulk he's a great plan so far it's smelling awesome. Can't wait to harvest her.

Attachments

Wdoug58

Auto Warrior
May 6, 2019
Growtogrow, do you wash your harvested crop in H2O2, I thought I saw a mention from you previously doing it. If so, what is your procedure.

Also, In harvesting a large quantity do you cure in a container other than jars? I've got too much to put in jars now unless I start buy gallon jars. I thought I saw someone mention using totes.

Wdoug58

Auto Warrior
May 6, 2019
Disregard on the wash. I went back and found the post where you said you wash your buds. I washed the ones I harvested the other day.

I read that you use 1 cup of 3% H2O2 to five gallons of water. The ones I washed, then rinsed seemed to dry crispy on the weed I washed. Been drying hanging in the basement on a line, dehumidifier running keeps basement at 60% humidity and a box fan running pointing upwards on an angle across the room. In two days the weed seemed to dry pretty fast. Today I took the trimmed buds and cut them down to smaller buds and trimmed them up better. Then placed into a brown grocery bag to dry some more now that more of the buds are exposed.

Last edited:

Growtogrow

Auto Warrior
Global Moderator
Mar 1, 2017
Currently Smoking
Growtogrow, do you wash your harvested crop in H2O2, I thought I saw a mention from you previously doing it. If so, what is your procedure.

Also, In harvesting a large quantity do you cure in a container other than jars? I've got too much to put in jars now unless I start buy gallon jars. I thought I saw someone mention using totes.
Yes I wash with h202.
1 quart of 3% drug store hydrogen peroxide to 1 gallon of water.
4 quarts of 3% hydrogen peroxide to 4 gallons of water will make 6 gallons of mix.
I use 35% hydrogen peroxide.
So That is 1 Cup n a 1/4 to 5 gallons of water to make 5 gallons of the same mix. As above.

So this is how I'm stroring my harvest for long term this year.

Ok I took the very ripest fruit that was ready on each plant.
Washed the harvest in h202, trimmed to AAA flower, hung or screen dried slowly ( but not to slow) to a weak snap in many small branch's.
When the RH is at 55% to 62%. Then it was ready to jar or bag.

So what I didn't jar and cure....

I vacuumed sealed in 1/4 pound and ozs lot's. And froze.
So now when I pull out a frozen vacuumed sealed bag of fresh herb.
I let it thaw for 30 minutes before I open it. And it is as fresh as the day I put in yhe freezer.
So now I can finish curing it any way I want.:pass:

Growtogrow

Auto Warrior
Global Moderator
Mar 1, 2017
Currently Smoking
Disregard on the wash. I went back and found the post where you said you wash your buds. I washed the ones I harvested the other day.

I read that you use 1 cup of 3% H2O2 to five gallons of water. The ones I washed, then rinsed seemed to dry crispy on the weed I washed. Been drying hanging in the basement on a line, dehumidifier running keeps basement at 60% humidity and a box fan running pointing upwards on an angle across the room. In two days the weed seemed to dry pretty fast. Today I took the trimmed buds and cut them down to smaller buds and trimmed them up better. Then placed into a brown grocery bag to dry some more now that more of the buds are exposed.
The RH if you're drying to fast. Set your dehumidifier for 69% at first go for a 2 day's like that. Then slowly each day dial it down 2% each day until the bud reachs 62% ...or RH

AltheGardener

Auto Warrior
May 13, 2019
Currently Smoking
Dark Devil, Amnesia, not particularly in that order...
Brown bags for the last few days of drying is excellent. I've hung mine three or four days, bagged them a couple days, then jarred them up. The bags and darkness definitely help maintain and dry them consistently. What trim I had in the freezer made some absolutely killer green dragon tincture. I accidentally dipped a finger in a jar of it last week and felt the effects almost immediately. I started to feel like a lightweight. lol