1. OFFICIAL AFN MERCHANDISE

Sacra Via is the Exclusive Online Vendor for AFN

Sacra Via Logo
    Browse The Store

|| AFN Mugs || AFN Dab Mats || AFN T-Shirts || & Much More ||

Go Visit the Website Today to get your Official AFN Merchandise - Crafted with Love by our very own Rebel

Use Discount Code GRAND10 for 10% discount from your first order!

Thanks Logo Thanks Logo Thanks Logo

Dismiss Notice
  2. All the Old Badges have been deleted to make way for New badges. Sorry to everyone who Lost any...
    Dismiss Notice

Indoor Grow  New Grower 2nd Attempt, Fantasmo Express & Sour Crack, GN Telos 0006, BioTabs.

Discussion in 'New Growers Grow Journals' started by Medulla_Oblongauto, Jun 14, 2019.

1. Medulla_Oblongauto

Medulla_Oblongauto Auto Warrior

Hi everybody!

This is my second attempt at a grow. The last grow suffered from a lot of deficiencies and I only managed to harvest a few grams. I'm a bit more prepared this time round.

My setup is the following...

Tent: BudBox Pro 75 cm x 75 cm x 200 cm, white lining.
    Light: GN Telos 0006 on a 24/0 cycle. At about 90 cm from top of pots.
    Ventilation: Passive intake, 4” RVK duct fan out. Rhino carbon filter and a clip-on fan for circulation.
    Pots: 12 Litre fabric pots.
    Medium: Soil, BioBizz LightMix.
    Nutrients: BioTabs Starter Kit, Bio PK 5-8, mollasses & epsom salts for Calmag def.
    Temp/Humidity: 25 C, 50-60% RH
    Strain: 2 Fantasmo Express and 1 Sour Crack Mephisto Genetics.

All three seedlings have broken through the soil. The first Fantasmo broke through 5 days ago, the Sour Crack 4 days ago and the second Fantasmo showed up yesterday. I'll just call today Day 3 for simplicity's sake. Everything is looking good so far.

Some photos...

Day 3
    IMG_20190614_212911.jpg

Fantasmo Express No. 1
    IMG_20190614_212953.jpg

Fantasmo Express No. 2. She's a little bit behind the others.
    IMG_20190614_212935.jpg

Sour Crack
    IMG_20190614_213004.jpg

I had to plant the SC in a small plastic cup while I was waiting for fresh soil to arrive. All I had was clear 250 ml cups. I wrapped some black plastic around the cup to block the light from getting at the sides. When I peel away the plastic I can see that the roots are already near the bottom of the cup, about 1 cm. I'm wondering if it's okay to transplant soon of if it's better to let her develop a bit more.

That's all for now. Thanks for reading!

Attached Files:

Zollies_zn likes this.
  2. AutoWonders

AutoWonders CBD ROCKS

May your yields overwhelm your senses.

Zollies_zn likes this.
  3. Medulla_Oblongauto

Thanks. I'm looking forward to trying the Fantasmo Express. I've never had a sativa dominant strain before. The green where I live isn't very good and it's been the same, unknown strain for a few years now. It smells of orange squash. The quality is inconsistent. It's pretty potent but it can be harsh with an uncomfortable high. And it's expensive! Anyway, I hope I won't have to buy it for much longer :smoking:

Zollies_zn likes this.
  4. Medulla_Oblongauto

I transplanted the Sour Crack to its final pot yesterday. Maybe it's too early to tell but I think it went alright.

Day 7. Clockwise from top-left, FE 1, FE 2, SC.
    IMG_20190618_160306.jpg

Zollies_zn and Frenjamin Banklin like this.
  5. Zollies_zn

Zollies_zn Welcome to the CannaZone

Currently Smoking:
    Charlottes Angel CBD - Dutch Passion + Gorilla Glue by Fastbuds
    Hey hey brother! Looks like you are off to a great start, how them ladies doing now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Medulla_Oblongauto likes this.
  6. Medulla_Oblongauto

Hey, thanks for checking in!

It's been a while since my last update and a few of my most recent updates have disappeared for some reason.

Things aren't going very well. I've been spending more time in the infirmary these days. They had problems with N toxicity when in veg and P deficiencies in flower.

The same thing happened with my previous grow too. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I'm thinking poor watering practice maybe.

I had a look at your journal. You're doing good!

I'll post a proper update with pictures tonight. Peace!

Zollies_zn likes this.
  7. Medulla_Oblongauto

Just a quick update!

The girls have been struggling with a few issues since they've been vegging.

We're on day 40 today.

At the moment I'm giving them 2 ml per litre of Bio PK 5-8

We've been having a lot of rain lately and humidity levels are high at 67%.

The Sour Crack has had N toxicity since around day 14. She didn't grow much. Lower leaves are showing P deficiency.

Sour Crack, day 40. She's 24 cm tall.
    IMG_20190721_162534.jpg
    IMG_20190722_001009.jpg

Fantasmo Express No. 1, day 40. She also suffered from some kind of nute burn in veg and p def. in flower. 51 cm tall.
    IMG_20190721_183836.jpg
    IMG_20190722_001137.jpg
    IMG_20190719_204510.jpg IMG_20190719_204917.jpg IMG_20190720_160549.jpg IMG_20190721_185356.jpg

Fantasmo Express No. 2. This girl's a runt. She took a few days longer than the others to break through the soil and she's been slow ever since. She didn't get any nute burn except for a bit of N. toxicity. Some deficiency on lower leaves. She's 28 cm tall.
    IMG_20190721_163317.jpg IMG_20190722_001019.jpg

So, a pretty bad grow overall. Very similar experience as my first grow except I've got Bio PK this time to deal with defs.

I just need to figure out the N Tox issue for my next grow. I think I read somewhere that it can happen from letting the soil dry out too much, which I'm guilty of. I think I might have over watered the seedlings too.

That's all I can think of for now. Peace out!

Zollies_zn likes this.
  8. Zollies_zn

Zollies_zn Welcome to the CannaZone

Currently Smoking:
    Charlottes Angel CBD - Dutch Passion + Gorilla Glue by Fastbuds
    Hey bro, it’s not looking all doom and gloom! You’ll definitely get some decent smoke off them don’t be too harsh on yourself man!

maybe you should run your lights on 20/4 instead of 24/0, it allows them to rest a little! But there is literature on both which show they work. Nutrient wise I’m sure you got a lot of help from the infirmary! But all I know is growing takes a lot of patience and learning, and you’re learning the best way you can! Hands on

But keep going and growing, upwards and onwards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk