6 Ton DIY Rosin Press

• MOTM rules:
    - When submitting phase opens, you are authorized to upload up to a maximum number of medias (configured by the admin).
    - Once submitting phase ends, voting phase starts and you will be able to vote for your preferred media.
    - At the end of the voting phase, the winner will be awarded !

Mañ'O'Green

Retired to watch the grass grow.
Staff member
Global Moderator
Sep 15, 2016
California
Currently Smoking
Dabs of Rosin.
Finally got the chocolate made. Such an easy recipe too. The hard part is making the rosin.

I took a 1/4 piece (which worked about to about 10mg of rosin) and it wasn't enough. Took another 1/4 3 hours after the first. So this isn't ideal. Tonight I'll eat a 1/2 piece at the start and see how that goes. I'm going to wait a couple of days and more dosage experiments at night before I comment on the effectiveness of it. But I can say it's easy to make. And you can taste the rosin quite easily when you eat the chocolate which is a real bonus.

This is the recipe I used as per @Mañ'O'Green who is one awesome rosineer! Thanks bro. Really appreciate it.

1.5g rosin
1.5g cocoa butter
2 tsp. Sunflower Lecithin
4.5 oz. chocolate bar

Decarb the rosin and cocoa butter for 27 minutes ~ 252°F. While decarbing melt the chocolate in a double boiler over hot water (not boiling). Stir in the lecithin and then the decarbed rosin mixture. Stir really well then pour in a mold and chill. Enjoy.

View attachment 915985
Ps. isn't the flavor awesome. I just always let the piece melt in my mouth to savor the flavor.

Free Flow

Hydro Junkie
Staff member
Global Moderator
Sep 4, 2017
USA

lunarman

Auto Warrior
Mar 13, 2017

Mañ'O'Green

Retired to watch the grass grow.
Staff member
Global Moderator
Sep 15, 2016
California
Currently Smoking
Dabs of Rosin.
Looks awesome. Not too syrupy or sappy or shattery. What temp did you press at?
99°C / 210°F for ~ 2 minutes. It gets a little dark at this temperature but it yields the best for me. Since it is going in chocolate the color is irrelevant.

Alasgun

Auto Warrior
Mar 28, 2017
Alaska
This is a DIY press i recently completed, affectionatly known as the "FlowerRocket". Been off here for a while, thought id drop in for a minute!
IMG_1490.JPG
IMG_1496.JPG

Reactions: Root and Nosias