• Come join us as we welcome Horticulture Lighting Group to the Autoflower Network!

We have an official representative from HLG that will be active on the forum to answer your questions, several units that are coming for our official product testing (grow and show's,) and we'll be working together to provide better information on lighting in general!

Come say hello!
  • Do you LOVE AFN?? bighug We do too!! But we need your help to keep the servers running!

If you feel like AFN has been useful in your journey and would like to help us pay some of the bills, we have a gofundme page setup for donations.
    Any amount that you can spare will be gratefully received

Click [HERE] to donate to AFN

A beginners guide to LED's

olegren

stuck in my cabana, living on bananas and blow
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Strawberry Nuggets & Double Grape
That's really hard to say as I really never payed that much attention to adjustment of lights besides distance through out my grows. Going from seed to sprout I cut them off from light completely. Once the shell drops and the first faux leafs emerge, I have them under full lights at about 18-20 inches so roughly 300-400 ppfd. I let them grow up to about 12 inches off the lights and start raising them from there to maintain 600-800 ppfd though out. Its really hard to give them too much light. I mean if you have a cob rated at 1200 sitting right on top of a seedling you might have some issues, but if your just slightly conservative at first until Id say the first set of true leaves you will be okay.
Thanks! I have been playing it pretty conservative and am still sub-300, but I think I'll up it based on your info. Thanks again for the guide and feedback.

CoviklaFlaire

Doctor of Fu*king up Grows!
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Moist basement shitty moldy albanian weed..
This is why I Envy people who can do Outdoor grows. Much much easier than all of this science stuff .

DeanOnAuto

The Lunar Planter
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
DP Lemon Kix and AG Chocolate Kush
Thought I’d share this video .... Long video and it starts kinda slow but very educational .... Highly recommend for anyone considering a new purchase or anyone wanting to get smarter ..... he tests some 27 lights, is yours on the list, mine is and it sits at number two ..... BUT not all manufacturers are represented.

I love my Migro, grows nice happy, healthy girls

Atulip

Auto Warrior
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Great guide here. I've gotta look more into this quantum board stuff. Cobs were pretty new still last time I was growing. Having smaller leds spread out is much better for even distribution than cobs. Don't think I can talk the misses into buying anymore lights though, so I'm stuck with my cobs for a while.

MonteVerde

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Bag seed weed until my first autorun is finished.
Much appreciated. Gonna grab an auto cob.