• Come join us as we welcome Horticulture Lighting Group to the Autoflower Network!

We have an official representative from HLG that will be active on the forum to answer your questions, several units that are coming for our official product testing (grow and show's,) and we'll be working together to provide better information on lighting in general!

Come say hello!
  • Do you LOVE AFN?? bighug We do too!! But we need your help to keep the servers running!

If you feel like AFN has been useful in your journey and would like to help us pay some of the bills, we have a gofundme page setup for donations.
    Any amount that you can spare will be gratefully received

Click [HERE] to donate to AFN

Tutorial A low trauma way to transplant using larger size cups....

Waira

Growing strange,...
Staff member
AFN Admin
AFN Global Moderator
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Zamadelica auto; S99v6;White Crack
With bigger, longer growing Auto's, would 2 transplants be pushing it?

Say insta-cup into 2+ quart styro or bottle using your tech, then later into a 5 gal pot or outdoors?
:smoking:....you could, but I'm with @Autoseeds.com on this,... it's just compounding the risk factors,... but in a pinch, it's do-able! IMO, it's that initial tiny pot that's a non-starter; keep in mind auto's seem to work their roots more initially than photo's do, so bottoming out happens fast in such small volumes, plus the lousy drop depth,....

Hi Waira,
This was one of the very posts I looked at before joining and before germinating an auto.
It is excellent but I also anecdoted it to friends in a humorous way to highlight the sensibilities of the little ladies. Your system is so considerate I wonder if you were in bomb disposal at some time.
In blighty we aren't very styrofoamy anymore and the only I could find had a three-week delivery wait. Untenable with seeds in hand! So I used 3 litre pots and were as gentle as an understanding gynecologist and all would be well if some had flowered and some had smelled!
T&B
:pass: Oh, well then Cheers to that! .... :rofl:-- no pyrotechnics skills mates, just a load of stunted plants when I first started! Seedlings can be a hair pulling mystery sometimes,.. certainly I have flubbed a transplant before, and some recovered with surprising aplomb,... others gave me the finger the whole way across the finish line!
Some key things to consider: how well the root mass has developed and can hold the soil together without collapsing when removed.... and having just the right level of moisture in the pot before trying,... too wet makes it heavy and more likely to crumble off... too dry can do he same thing depending on the soil/medium's cohesiveness (coco has none!), plus dry is just plain bad all around,.... this method helps eliminate the troubles in either case,....
:doh:damn, the curse of availability! Work with what you can get, and if it's smaller volume, then you just have to transplant sooner is all,... Is styro' banned where you live? I get mine at a sort of restaurant supply/grocery store, only place I see cups of this volume (32oz),..
And of course there's more than one way to work this out! Check out my man @912GreenSkell method for transplanting here, ....though the plants are photo's in the demo, same methods can be applied for auto's in smaller volume, more easily modified cups- :greenthumb:--- Check out his grows, Skelly is a champ at tough climate outdoor monster growing! :bow:

G.Leave

Auto Warrior
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
:smoking:....you could, but I'm with @Autoseeds.com on this,... it's just compounding the risk factors,... but in a pinch, it's do-able! IMO, it's that initial tiny pot that's a non-starter; keep in mind auto's seem to work their roots more initially than photo's do, so bottoming out happens fast in such small volumes, plus the lousy drop depth,....

:pass: Oh, well then Cheers to that! .... :rofl:-- no pyrotechnics skills mates, just a load of stunted plants when I first started! Seedlings can be a hair pulling mystery sometimes,.. certainly I have flubbed a transplant before, and some recovered with surprising aplomb,... others gave me the finger the whole way across the finish line!
Some key things to consider: how well the root mass has developed and can hold the soil together without collapsing when removed.... and having just the right level of moisture in the pot before trying,... too wet makes it heavy and more likely to crumble off... too dry can do he same thing depending on the soil/medium's cohesiveness (coco has none!), plus dry is just plain bad all around,.... this method helps eliminate the troubles in either case,....
:doh:damn, the curse of availability! Work with what you can get, and if it's smaller volume, then you just have to transplant sooner is all,... Is styro' banned where you live? I get mine at a sort of restaurant supply/grocery store, only place I see cups of this volume (32oz),..
And of course there's more than one way to work this out! Check out my man @912GreenSkell method for transplanting here, ....though the plants are photo's in the demo, same methods can be applied for auto's in smaller volume, more easily modified cups- :greenthumb:--- Check out his grows, Skelly is a champ at tough climate outdoor monster growing! :bow:
Actually the plant in the pics is an auto (Auto ultimate). I don't insta transplant photo plants. Thanks for the kind words my good friend!!

Waira

Growing strange,...
Staff member
AFN Admin
AFN Global Moderator
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
right!,.... what'd I say..? :baked: :crying:.... oh geez, Auto Ultimate is a lummox :vibe:, might as well be a photo!

Waira

Growing strange,...
Staff member
AFN Admin
AFN Global Moderator
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking