Affordable Rosin Press. Slug.33 any good?

• Well, we're still working on things and I imagine we'll see some bugs, some breaking, and things that need to get fixed. We'll start on the most critical things first and work our way down. We're still installing add-on's and squaring away some licensing stuff, but feel free to browse the board and we'll update everyone on when things are added, restored, or otherwise changed.
Cannabis Seeds

lunarman

Auto Warrior
Mar 13, 2017
Website is slug33.com

Its lacking electronic precision and automation, but I don't care about that since I'm looking for affordable right now. I am pretty sure one could figure out a pretty good method that works for them albeit manual. Just need to figure out the temperature/flame-torch and the rate of compression in the vice.

But what concerns me is handling the hot metal when you have to reload the slug for subsequent squishes.

Has anyone used one yet? Or know of people who have and shared their experience?

Master_gRoshi

I train beasts
Staff member
Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2017
Currently Smoking
Everything
Not sure about the costs of the one you're mentioning.
But on the utube.
Greengenesgarden. Diy press. I THINK it was around 250 ish.

But hydrolic and pretty damned beastly. Simple diy as well. Future project of mine for sure

Ozone69

Just some lurker dude
Gladiator level 1
Apr 17, 2015
I think @witchyhour might be running one of those. SOmeone mentioned one in another thread and I want to say it was them. I'll have to go hunt it up.

There's a nice little DIY 6-ton using sourced electric components that I think came in at around a couple hundred bills that @Mañ'O'Green put together that's worth a look if you're good with DIY electrics.

lunarman

Auto Warrior
Mar 13, 2017

Ozone69

Just some lurker dude
Gladiator level 1
Apr 17, 2015
If it wasn't a shiny piece of metal, I'd say that a cheap(ish) IR temperature reader could be handy to monitor it's temp and keep it dialed in. I don't know if the average hardware store type IR thermometer will go as high as you'd need with something like that, though. Also thinking that the shiny metal nature of it might make getting accurate readings difficult

TreyDogg

Auto Warrior
Aug 23, 2016
I own a slug duce. Holds 2 grams. Pain in the ass. When you squish the bud can come out the side pushing the back. I put a couple zones through it with my buddy. He did mostly. You heat it up, the paper burns or scorches badly. Every 3rd squish was a good squish. Still I personally did not enjoy the end product. Its a pain to handle, also didnt get me stoned. We used alien vs triangle so yeah.

My buddy still has it as we used it at his place. I never even reclaimed it. Spent money on damn clamps to trying to get it to work right. That thing pissed me off the more I think about it. He hasn't told me he tried it again. Probably in his tool box, damn thing looks like a socket lol.

TreyDogg

Auto Warrior
Aug 23, 2016
Oh as to what to do for multiple presses you drop the whole slug in glass of ice water. Cools real fast. This was one of those things you think will be cheap and effective but winds up expensive and costly. I just wound up with 2 less ounces.

Mcdee

Auto Warrior
Gladiator Level 2
Dec 22, 2016
Website is slug33.com

Its lacking electronic precision and automation, but I don't care about that since I'm looking for affordable right now. I am pretty sure one could figure out a pretty good method that works for them albeit manual. Just need to figure out the temperature/flame-torch and the rate of compression in the vice.

But what concerns me is handling the hot metal when you have to reload the slug for subsequent squishes.

Has anyone used one yet? Or know of people who have and shared their experience?
What is you price point bud?