After C/S how long

• Well, we're still working on things and I imagine we'll see some bugs, some breaking, and things that need to get fixed. We'll start on the most critical things first and work our way down. We're still installing add-on's and squaring away some licensing stuff, but feel free to browse the board and we'll update everyone on when things are added, restored, or otherwise changed.
Cannabis Seeds

Free Flow

Hydro Junkie
Global Moderator
Sep 4, 2017
Cs isn't always guaranteed. Sometimes its hit or miss. Some people get good results in 2 to 3 weeks. Others wait 6 or even more weeks.

Reactions: ob1

ob1

Auto Warrior
Jul 24, 2019
Cs isn't always guaranteed. Sometimes its hit or miss. Some people get good results in 2 to 3 weeks. Others wait 6 or even more weeks.
even with lots of sacks I've got close to 200 sacs on the plant right now

Reactions: Arthur

Uro

Part timer
Dec 12, 2016
Currently Smoking
whatever the sqdc has in stock
when the sacs start opening , pollen will start spreading , some plants open continuolsy and others do it all at once ,

MesaBoogie

We live to survive our paradoxes
Gladiator level 1
May 25, 2018
I'm just in the process of finishing my first reversal with an auto. I had sac's after 3 weeks but it took 2+ more for any of them to contain pollen. It wasn't like the vid's I've seen where guys can shake the branch and a cloud of yellow stuff fills the air. It's more like I had to manually extract each sack and it was only about 20% of them had any pollen. You can see the pollen fall when you twist the sack between your thumb and finger. I self pollinated some of the lower branches, hopefully I can keep the plant alive long enough for them to be viable. I can see the seeds half way out of the calyx now, they are very green still. It's almost like they have an outer skin maybe ?

how strong is the CS you are using and how many times a day do you spray ? I stopped spraying mine when I saw them start to open up. But definitely no pollen spilling out. I had to hunt for it !

ob1

Auto Warrior
Jul 24, 2019
how strong is the CS you are using and how many times a day do you spray ? I stopped spraying mine when I saw them start to open up. But definitely no pollen spilling out. I had to hunt for it !
I use home made C/S so I don't know exactly how many ppm but I sprayed my plant twice a day until I saw sacks forming and stopped from July 5 to July 25 this is how it looks right now.
20190808_001631[1].jpg
20190808_001704[1].jpg

I successfully made regular seeds and the seeds did have a skin on then that came off when they dried!

Last edited:

MesaBoogie

We live to survive our paradoxes
Gladiator level 1
May 25, 2018
I successfully made regular seeds and the seeds did have a skin on then that came off when they dried!
Interesting, how do you know when the seeds are ready then ? Does that skin change color at all ?

From my own first time experience, all the sacs that had that sort of purple striping like the ones you have in your first pic, didn't contain any pollen. I thought for sure they would as they seemed the most developed, but it was all the ones tucked away toward the bottom of the branch.

I made home made CS as well. I made a few batches with different voltages and times trying to get the mixture to read past 22ppm. It didn't seem possible for me and the ppm's would just go down after I hit that 22 ppm mark. I kept spraying with 22 ppm CS 3 times a day until the sac's looked close to where yours are now.

Last edited:

ob1

Auto Warrior
Jul 24, 2019
Interesting, how do you know when the seeds are ready then ? Does that skin change color at all ?
I pollinated the whole plant (oops 1046 seeds), I made a large paper cone from newspaper and taped a red solo cup to the opening at the bottom and taped it any way I could to keep it under the plant they eventually started to fall off in to the paper funnel and in to the cup. I also would rub the buds lightly with my thumb and finger and seeds would fall off effortlessly when they were ready. I didn't have any smoke-able bud on the plant (because the whole plant was seed) so I let it go until it was pretty well dead. I dropped a seed into a cup of water for germination and the tap root came out while in the cup of water over night. I also read on another forum Do Not Use Any foliage spray because seed will germinate on the plant. So far my seeds have sprouted 9 out of 10 by myself and 2 friends I gave seeds to try.
Now with the autos, I converted 1 plant and will be pollinating another plant but only a branch or two ( I read to stay away from the very bottom branches because they don't seed as well).
My plan is when the rest of the bud is ready for harvest I will cut off all the branches for drying and leave the seeded branches on the plant as long as I can.
the say 4 - 6 weeks for seeds to mature but some of mine were on the plant longer and like I said so far 9 out of 10 sprouted!

The skin on the seeds dried and fell off. I took a small cardboard box cut the bottom out of it and taped some window screen to it, Then I put all the seeds, leaf and seed skin debris in the box and ran a fan underneath it (do this outside if you can it makes a mess). All the debris blew up and out leaving only the seeds.

ob1

Auto Warrior
Jul 24, 2019
I had pollinated 1 little bud (size of a nickle) on a photo plant on July 5.Today I figured I couldn't see any seeds even though the white hairs turned brown a day or 2 after pollination I'd check it out. It has been a day short of 5 weeks and I could see no seeds. this time I had to dig deep in bud and this is what I found.
2019-08-08-23-08-06-321[1].jpg
2019-08-08-23-08-35-839[1].jpg

1 looks a little green on the end but there are 23 good looking seeds.
I would say minimum 5 weeks 6 would have been better but no skins on these seeds but they are a different plant or my first seeds had dried up calyx on them.

Reactions: MesaBoogie