Air pots vs. Smart pots

Discussion in 'Grow Room Component Reviews' started by Corgy, Feb 12, 2015.

1. Egzoset

Egzoset Vaporist of Borg! Reg'd date 2011.Oct.26

Salutations Corgy,

Although i don't plan a change of bucket system anytime soon: 1) because i've put my hobby on hold for the most part; 2) i've found a perfect fit to my particular needs, which are to remain somewhat mobile and yet provide sufficient substrate volume - though not too much since i'd also wish to limit plant size, ideally. So, the 1st video is only about the Air Pot vs the Smart (fabric) Pot while the second sample got 6 types and yet none corresponds to what i've adopted, for years to come if i ever grow something again. Additionally, i used to keep my top soils dry. I like having a layer of colour aquarium rocks for multiple reasons including that one.

Good day, Have fun!! :peace:

wwwillie likes this.
  2. forestly

forestly one with nature

i have been using Air-pots for a couple of years now and i agree, the most annoying aspect of using those is the runoff, which needs to be removed.

On the positive note i like how they look, i mean when they are not assembled. You can carry those around no problem, cause they do not look like pots (until you assemble them). So +1 for the stealth.

Egzoset and wwwillie like this.
  3. medic grower

medic grower Tha Kushy Padawan

Tang Mate il be using my 2 gallon Smart Pods since 2011 so 4 years now and only one of them has a lil hole in the bottom where some roots were sticking in but at all they still work perfect.

TaNg and wwwillie like this.
  4. wwwillie

wwwillie AFN Vibe Guardian Staff Member Global Moderator (SA)

Currently Smoking:
    anything I can get my hands on!
    Seeing this is back up front, I'll add my $0.02.
    I use both. I like the air pots for my autos. They are generally smaller, more compact and finish quickly (for me at least). The air pot seems like a perfect fit for that. I use the felt type of pot for my photos. I have tried a few different felt types and really like the Hydro Farm grey ones. Nice heavy fabric with handles. The 5 gal. size is perfect for raising a beast.

TheSpacePope and briman like this.
  5. dota2

dota2 Auto Warrior

I was a fan of air 'till I tryed smart. Much cleaner, easyer to water, to move around. I always get dirt on my grow from air pots. No runoff when I water, don't need trais... Not so good for LST but with 2 sticks and some wire it can be done.

HubbaBubba likes this.
  6. F.N.

F.N. Senior Stoner Staff Member Global Moderator

Currently Smoking:
    ALL AUTOS BABY
    I like both. They both air prune. I also use botanicare herculese type airpots they are much cheaper in the USA and made with Quality nice and thick. Airpots cost a lot in North America Root pouches have come way down. In Canada we have a store called Canadian Tire They have Non woven 7gallon shopping bags approximately for a under two dollars a piece they work great for rootpouches I have used them with a lot of success. Check out local stores to see if they sell non woven shopping bags usually promotional shopping bags with a name on them

7. BR549

BR549 Smoke Cannabis Live with Friends on AFN

But the real question those of us down here want to know is, can you buy weed with Canadian Tire money?

TheSpacePope likes this.
  8. F.N.

Currently Smoking:
    ALL AUTOS BABY
    BRO CT money is coming to a end. They are converting PEEPS to a Points type card system BUMMER let me tell you

9. G.Leave

G.Leave Smoke Cannabis Live with Friends on AFN Staff Member Global Moderator

Do airpots for sale even exist in Canada?

10. F.N.

Currently Smoking:
    ALL AUTOS BABY
    Yes they are available but herculese pots are much easier to find in Canada and way cheaper