• Best AFN Outdoor Auto Grower of 2020: 1st: 420Forever 2nd: 4d-Rock 3rd: Jean-O CONGRATULATIONS
  • Best AFN Outdoor photosensitive Grower of 2020: 1st Kyote 2nd Dankstyle J 3rd Jean-O CONGRATULATIONS
  • BOMB Seeds: 1st: JohnEMad 2nd: pop22
  • DinaFem 2020 second leg: 1st: Only1Sky 2nd: St. Tom 3rd: Feenix
  • Zamnesia 2020: 1st: HighnDry 2nd: Only1Sky
  • Auto Seeds 2020: 1st: MesaBoogie 2nd: Only1Sky
  • FastBuds 2020 1st: Chronic_passion 2nd: St. Tom
  • Female Seeds Autos 2020: 1st: HighnDry 2nd: pop22 3rd: Boognelson87
  • Female Seeds Photos 2020: 1st: pop22
  • Seedstockers 2020: 1st: JohnEMad Chronic_passion

Am I doing more harm then good

Dojavu

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
I defoliate a little bit mainly picked off big fan leaves that we’re blocking the other bud sites
I noticed that a small branch was growing a flowing site but it’s too close to the bottom of the stem I fealt like it would have been a waste of the plants energy so I cut it off

I will show pictures of the plants current health and where and what I cut
What’s done is did and can only learn from here.

Attachments

fauxnacho

Blaze HQ
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Blueberry, Northern Lights, Painkiller
Plant looks fine dude no worries there. With defoliation you learn after a few grows how to spot which branches will produce a good cola and which won't. What's really important is to take small side branches but leave the fan leaf on the plant.
Basically you want to plan ahead for how many colas you want, and work backwards to fit the plant to your plan! And you achieve this by topping, training, defoliation and whatever else.
If it helps, I top my autos once and slice off lower branches to leave just four branches. I pinch out lower side shoots as they appear from these branches, so that the only flowers produced are big fat colas at the top of each four branches.
You probably have a bigge

fauxnacho

Blaze HQ
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Blueberry, Northern Lights, Painkiller
Plant looks fine dude no worries there. With defoliation you learn after a few grows how to spot which branches will produce a good cola and which won't. What's really important is to take small side branches but leave the fan leaf on the plant.
Basically you want to plan ahead for how many colas you want, and work backwards to fit the plant to your plan! And you achieve this by topping, training, defoliation and whatever else.
If it helps, I top my autos once and slice off lower branches to leave just four branches. I pinch out lower side shoots as they appear from these branches, so that the only flowers produced are big fat colas at the top of each four branches.
You probably have a bigge
You probably have a bigger space and better lights than me so you can allow for many more colas.