1. 24 hour Live Party in the Big Battle thread 20th -21st March. CannaPride March..bring your Best/current girls to the Party.. #showusyourbush Full Bragging Rights. Be there if you Dare. Let Celebrate Spring
    Dismiss Notice

Amber and clear trichomes

Discussion in 'Harvest and Curing' started by Blewitt, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Blewitt

Blewitt Auto Warrior

I usually harvest more or less when I get "the feel" that it is ready for harvest.

Recently found a very old school microscope to check trichomes. Unfortunately not able to get great pictures from it.

I am finding that on the top side of sugar leaves trichomes are nearly 100% amber while on the underside of the same leaf there is 100% clear trichomes. A few are barely milky.

The plant looks ready, possibly over ready. All pistils have dried up and most fan leaves have turned yellow.

For future reference where is the best spot on the plant to check trichomes accurately? I am trying to go for 50% amber 50% milky. I fear I might have left this plant too long as I kept looking at trichomes on the undersides of leaves (where i found them to be most abundant) but also where they seem to be staying clear...

Insight and advice appreciated.

Tags:
  2. Garage_Grower

Garage_Grower Baked.

Check on the calyx’s themselves. Also, different sections of the plant can mature at different rates as well.

Easy smoking!

3. AutoWonders

AutoWonders Cannabidiol Heaven

I snip a small piece of bud and put it under my usb cam. A lot of times the edge trichomes will stay clear. Have you tried some kind of close up magnifying on the pics you did take? I suggest that you buy a low cost pocket scope to see those trichomes up close and personal.

4. Free Flow

Free Flow Hydro Junkie Global Moderator

Top buds usually mature fastest while bottom stuff takes longer. I check in the middle of the plant.