• Come join us as we welcome Horticulture Lighting Group to the Autoflower Network!

We have an official representative from HLG that will be active on the forum to answer your questions, several units that are coming for our official product testing (grow and show's,) and we'll be working together to provide better information on lighting in general!

Come say hello!

Anyone build out a grow in an "under stair case" closet?

Tom Bombadil

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Strawberry Nuggets Sour Livers Double Grape Blue Bubbles Sour Kush Creme de la Chem Forgotten Stomper
Long story short... Ive got a 2x4, a 4x4, and a 5x9 gorilla tent AND....... I dont get to use any of them currently... as my spare room has become occupied. I do have a closet under the staircase I am hoping to use, but its only 3 feet wide but at least 8 feet deep amd as tall at the front with the classic slop to the back that end up being about 6 feet tall or so...
the door is at the front not off to the side.. Just wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to set up a space big enough to be worth it but still manageable as far as being able to access the plants... Considered getting another 3x3 tent.. but it doesnt look like it would fit well. Im looking at probably cutting a hole in the side wall for exhaust and using the gap under the door for intake. I usually like to filter the intake, but without a second door inside the main door, it doesnt seem doable.. Anyways, just throwing this out there in case anyone has used one of these odd shaped closets! Ive got a ton of seeds that are begging to be popped!!
Thanks!!

DCLXVI

Non smoker
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Old Man Kostas, bit of a fool.
I put my MarsHydro 2.3x2.3 in that space. I bought the tent as it was the only one that would fit nicely. I know you probably don't want to buy another tent..... I vent my exhaust out the bottom of the stairs as there is a gap between the bottom step and the floor.

damien50

Doing Wonderful Things With Photons
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Zamadelica x Kali China
That's a narrow space. How do you plan to grow?

You could hang orca film and cut PVC if you wanted something more tent like then you could wall mount strong fans for circulation.

Cut a filter kit to size to fit below your door for the intake.

Tom Bombadil

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Strawberry Nuggets Sour Livers Double Grape Blue Bubbles Sour Kush Creme de la Chem Forgotten Stomper

Tom Bombadil

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Currently Smoking