Australian Growers Thread

• Good morning everyone! So I spent the day installing and upgrading a new add-on for AFN that effects our vendor and breeder forums. It's the same setup that we are using on High of the Tiger, but we didn't realize it would effect members a bit differently here on how it's been received.

The major benefit of the add-on is that it allows breeders/vendors a global calendar (that they add their own events to,) a group media gallery, group discussion area, an information/about tab, and a few other goodies that should make the experience overall a better one.

One major caveat to point out, the new groups (where you see the overlay) unfortuantely *REQUIRE* you to join them in order to post in them. This is done by design of the software (and I understand why,) however it's been requested to see if we can circumvent this somehow. I will inquire to the developer to see if it's an option available or one that can be added to future versions. So to be clear, you MUST JOIN the group to be able to post and reply, even if your existing threads were there before. We apologize for this minor inconvenience but it's a one-time deal and then it's back to business :-)
  • Hey we're testing out our new Raffle/Giveaway software and wanted to invite you all to try it out with us for a chance to win a Smokin' Screws pipe screen!

This will be for USA-based growers only (to start,) and the only requirements are 25 minimum post count to put in an entry (which you can do once per hour!)

Click Here to Enter!
Cannabis Seeds

Jakob

Auto Warrior
Sep 12, 2018
So my whole house smells like bud. But carbon filters working fine and therenis negative pressure in the tent as the walls of the tent are sucked in. No smell coming iut of venting attacltched to carbon filter. So hows the smell stoll getting out hahahahaha fuckin hell ??

Heliman

Auto Warrior
May 20, 2017
Currently Smoking
Vaping
Welcome @smokeyfromau you’ll find yourself at home here :pass:

Any you fellas from W.A? Just wondering what the growing season is like around here?
Hi Smokey, greetings from another Sandgroper !!

Climate here is deadly for growers....way too hot and dry in Summer and too cold in Winter. Despite trying many outdoor grows I finally decided to go indoors and what a difference it makes to yield and quality to have some control on light, temp and humidity. I went with Bigsmo autocobs and never looked back.
With Autos I can get 4 grows per year and that is enough for my needs.

Cheers

Reactions: Budson 420

The Iconoclast

the artist formerly known as member420
Oct 6, 2018
Currently Smoking
Think Big
Yo, I'm up in the Deep North, Brisvegas way, last grew hydro over 20 years ago in Melbourne, never even heard of an Automatic until last year, to me they are a revelation, same with vaping, never even thought about it. It's a bit like when we went from LP's to CD's, all the scratches and turning over the album business, gone. No more caring about light leaks or multiple rooms, plus they are compact and fun.

AutoWonders

CBD ROCKS
Jul 14, 2014
So my whole house smells like bud. But carbon filters working fine and therenis negative pressure in the tent as the walls of the tent are sucked in. No smell coming iut of venting attacltched to carbon filter. So hows the smell stoll getting out hahahahaha fuckin hell ??
Buy an air purifier. They greatly help with cannabis odor. I use one for harvest time.

Reactions: Jakob

The Iconoclast

Oct 6, 2018
Currently Smoking
Think Big
What about those 280g lightweight scrog screens from Bunnings, eh? IMG_3930.JPGIMG_3931.JPG just heavy enough to be rigid but still easy to bend and cut. It has revolutionised my grow as I could affix the scrog to the pot instead of having pot fixed to a stationary screen.

Reactions: Teetee

Teetee

Lost in Space
Jan 24, 2015
Anyone gonna head to Mardi Grass in a few weeks?
I'd love to... last time I went was in 1992!
Unfortunately the Pigs went to the Hemp Embassy last night with the Dogs, and ransacked the place, removing the worker's wages money, and the CBD olis etc they have in stock. They even took the lists of Patients that they supply .
Wankers!
It looks like it's just another weekend of revenue collection for the Feds..... like shooting fish in a barrel!
I won't be going mate, no way.

The Iconoclast

Oct 6, 2018
Currently Smoking
Think Big
These are actually dearer in the US! for once, $18 USD These are best scissors for trimming into super tight spaces with ultra precision or clipping tiny bids of frosty bud into smaller bits for your vape. The end is so pointy it comes with a safety cover and one blade is slightly hooked at the end for a clean cut right to the tip.

https://www.bunnings.com.au/fiskars-floral-scissors_p3360802

scissors.jpg

smokeyfromau

Auto Warrior
Gladiator level 1
Jan 23, 2019
I'd love to... last time I went was in 1992!
Unfortunately the Pigs went to the Hemp Embassy last night with the Dogs, and ransacked the place, removing the worker's wages money, and the CBD olis etc they have in stock. They even took the lists of Patients that they supply .
Wankers!
It looks like it's just another weekend of revenue collection for the Feds..... like shooting fish in a barrel!
I won't be going mate, no way.
TeeTee, be nice to go some year. Its shocking the cops raiding the Hemp Embassy during a busy time, and yeah taking the CBD oils etc :( shocking, now Labour govt maybe have made things better , now no chance with Liberal :( , that would be a put off with the cops busting everyone coming into town or shaking down

Reactions: Teetee