Auto Flower, Photo Period, Light Sensitive - Differences

• Well, we're still working on things and I imagine we'll see some bugs, some breaking, and things that need to get fixed. We'll start on the most critical things first and work our way down. We're still installing add-on's and squaring away some licensing stuff, but feel free to browse the board and we'll update everyone on when things are added, restored, or otherwise changed.

Red eyed c

LED Section Super Moderator
Apr 16, 2011
With autos you can keep feeding veg nutes until the vertical growth stops,usually around week 5 ish,then switch to bloom nutes.but you really just have to learn to read your plants bud.i suggest you start a grow journal in the new growers section,even if your not ready to grow yet you can ask your questions in your thread and all the answers are in one place fir you,you will also get plenty of assistance through your grow mate and help you get a feel for growing.

InHumboldt

Auto Warrior
Jan 4, 2013
I was in the hope of F1-ing a select early strain---- it just starts a week sooner then takes a week shorter in bloom, comes in two weeks sooner (no hybridization or ruderalis)--Cross that to an auto that is a hybrid of the very same early strain (Rudy). Should I expect a photosensitive--would I get F1 homogeny?

mcubed476

Auto Warrior
Jul 30, 2017
Hi everyone! I have a quick question on autos. I understand they aren't light sensitive and their flower process starts automatically, but if you were on a light schedule of 20/4 and switched to 24/0 would an auto revert to veg?

Reactions: stepside

stepside

Seriously stoned
Mar 13, 2015
Currently Smoking
Double Grape/Wonder OG
Hi everyone! I have a quick question on autos. I understand they aren't light sensitive and their flower process starts automatically, but if you were on a light schedule of 20/4 and switched to 24/0 would an auto revert to veg?
I'm going to throw out a big no.. but strange things happen so.. maybe not impossible but highly doubted. You might stress it out and get a Hermie but stopping an auto from budding once it starts...I don't think so

Reactions: mcubed476

mcubed476

Auto Warrior
Jul 30, 2017
I'm going to throw out a big no.. but strange things happen so.. maybe not impossible but highly doubted. You might stress it out and get a Hermie but stopping an auto from budding once it starts...I don't think so

I figured as much. I think in my next grow I will keep them on 24/0 from the start. Pretty humid in the basement and the lights being on helps to keep RH where it should be. Not really something I want to try on my first grow though. I've stunted a couple of my plants enough lol

Reactions: stepside

stepside

Seriously stoned
Mar 13, 2015
Currently Smoking
Double Grape/Wonder OG
I figured as much. I think in my next grow I will keep them on 24/0 from the start. Pretty humid in the basement and the lights being on helps to keep RH where it should be. Not really something I want to try on my first grow though. I've stunted a couple of my plants enough lol
24/0 is the way I been running for almost a year. It costs a little more on the electric bill but it's easier to control other factors for sure

Reactions: mcubed476

bklyndiaz

Auto Warrior
Oct 11, 2016
I'm not too worried about the electric bill going up. I'm rocking the autocobs!
I just purchased two of them autocobs, question? Do you have them on a timer?, like panel Led, Or are they on 24/0
Thanks,

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

mcubed476

Auto Warrior
Jul 30, 2017
I just purchased two of them autocobs, question? Do you have them on a timer?, like panel Led, Or are they on 24/0
Thanks,

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk
They are on a timer that is set for 20/4, but my next auto grow I'm going to try 24/0

Reactions: bklyndiaz