• Come join us as we welcome Horticulture Lighting Group to the Autoflower Network!

We have an official representative from HLG that will be active on the forum to answer your questions, several units that are coming for our official product testing (grow and show's,) and we'll be working together to provide better information on lighting in general!

Come say hello!
  • Do you LOVE AFN?? bighug We do too!! But we need your help to keep the servers running!

If you feel like AFN has been useful in your journey and would like to help us pay some of the bills, we have a gofundme page setup for donations.
    Any amount that you can spare will be gratefully received

Click [HERE] to donate to AFN

Auto soil?

NorthernLights_420

Autoflower Cultivator
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Zkittlez
Currently using biobizz light mix. They went from 27$ a bag to almost 50 on amazon. Wondering if any other good light on the nutrient soils for autos that work good? Thanks

nizmoKush

bluntts to the rescue!!!
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
I know people have problems with fox farms soils but that's all I've ever used never had a issue. I've used the happy frog and recently last 2 grows have been with cocoloko from fox farms same as happy frog but has coco in it instead of peat moss ot whatever its called. Has nutrients for first couple weeks then after that is on you..

This all based on my experience with it..
I know there's many more out there but I am not familiar with them.

NorthernLights_420

Autoflower Cultivator
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Zkittlez
Thanks @nizmoKush but I always wanted to try coco coir. I've grown hydro dwc first. Then soil. I think next run might be my first coco coir run now that I got the soil growing down. I'm interested in seeing some better growth than soil but not quite as crazy growth as hydro. So I think coco coir is in between and a good choice and option to try out. I just gotta ask in the coco section opinions on best coco brand. I know theres more than one. Thanks again. Happy growin!

Mañ'O'Green

Kia ora. Retired to watch the grass grow.
Staff member
AFN Global Moderator
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Dabs of Rosin.

Mañ'O'Green

Kia ora. Retired to watch the grass grow.
Staff member
AFN Global Moderator
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Dabs of Rosin.
I see USA, try Royal Gold Mendo Mix.

MI_sterGreen

Shibby
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Fastbuds Smoothie and Delicious Seed Delicious Candy
Thanks @nizmoKush but I always wanted to try coco coir. I've grown hydro dwc first. Then soil. I think next run might be my first coco coir run now that I got the soil growing down. I'm interested in seeing some better growth than soil but not quite as crazy growth as hydro. So I think coco coir is in between and a good choice and option to try out. I just gotta ask in the coco section opinions on best coco brand. I know theres more than one. Thanks again. Happy growin!
I'm from the same great state as you. I always recommend Roots Original, simply because it is part soil and coco. The description on their site says its a coco based soil

NorthernLights_420

Autoflower Cultivator
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Zkittlez
I'm from the same great state as you. I always recommend Roots Original, simply because it is part soil and coco. The description on their site says its a coco based soil
Roots Organic Original? You in Lower Michigan? I'm way in the upper about as far north as you can go. I'm about 35 miles (45 mins) from the tip of the upper peninsula (Copper Harbor) I got family downstate too. Monroe area close to the Ohio border.

WITC

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Wow I just looked at the new price! Why did it double? I just bought two bags delivered for 49$ a month ago.

GreenMonkeyGrows

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Green Crack, Durban Poison, 9lb Hammer & Pure Indica
^^ Exact same. Wowsers! :thanks: for bringing this to my attention @NorthernLights_420. And I thought my switch to Biobizz Light was what I needed. Oof. Guess I'll be trying something new next run myself.