1. No Site Badges will be issued until after our server update. Sorry..the Update does not support the current format. All current site badges will be lost. As soon as possible after the update.. we will have a New updated set for 2019
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey everyone, we're officially live on the new server but we're finding some errors being thrown out when it comes to image uploads; we're working hard on getting things fixed up so it's a smooth process again so please bear with us!

Please report any bugs in the Announcements forum!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. General Battle 2019. First Leg Winner was The Mugwamp with his Dutch Passion Auto Critical Orange Punch. Grown under 250w hps dual spectrum lights. CONGRATULATIONS
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Winner of the Mephisto First Leg Battle was MrOldBoy with Mephisto Sam's Crack..in Living Organic oils under Optic4 lights. CONGRATULATIONS MrOldBoy
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Winner of the Lighting Battle. First Leg 2019 is Iriee Vibez with a Dutch Passion Auto Glueberry OG under a mix of Kind Led ..RapidLED COBs and Chilled Logic Puck. CONGRATULATIONS.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Congratulations to Mesaboogie who Won the Dinafem 1st Leg Battle 2019 Well Grown....
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Seed Stockers First Leg Battle 2019 was Won by our own woody... CONGRATULATIONS woody...Taking one for the Staff Team...
    Dismiss Notice

Back By Demand: New Growers Forum

Discussion in 'New Growers Forum: Question & Answer' started by Son of Hobbes, Apr 22, 2019.

1. Son of Hobbes

Son of Hobbes High of the Tiger Staff Member Site Administrator

Hey good afternoon everyone!

I am going through some of our constructive criticism and idea threads and one of the suggestions that got some good feedback on it was recreating the old New Growers Forum that we had on the site. We thought that sounded like a good idea too, so here it is!

As with the original, it will serve as a point specifically for new growers to ask their new grower questions (without getting lost or potentially missed in other discussion forums on the site!)

Tags:
  2. Frenjamin Banklin

Frenjamin Banklin Hello is this thing on

Currently Smoking:
    Nope
    It would be really cool, and increase involvement if it was possible for some threads to be cross linked to many forums. IE a lot of really good threads for beginners are stickies across different sub forums. It’s just how they were originally done and then it became their home. Is it possible to have existing threads remain in place but also have the visible usable/accessible from other locations.

I guess to clarify could a stickies topic from “ new growers” show up here also and be universally edited or added to from either link. The site has so much good information but in a lot of cases it’s spread far and wide, and can be daunting and confusing for noobs( myself sometimes)
    This area would be a great place to catalog best ofs from all the other existing areas. But also become a sort of hub that could take you to that thread area also.

Sorry for rambling, not sure you asked for ideas or not

:vibes:

3. AutoWonders

AutoWonders Cannabidiol Heaven

Hey, thats cool.

davisgirl, Son of Hobbes and Daxxor like this.
  4. Son of Hobbes

Son of Hobbes High of the Tiger Staff Member Site Administrator

This is actually being built out and worked on (already in progress!)

For starters, I've been working on a collated guide on cannabis and cultivation in general using tutorials and guides written from AFN members and the community and other trusted and credible sources. We've got a "Tutorials" forum on the site but it needs a bit of work, it's a lot of jumbled stuff (it's great information, just not setup to be easy to read/follow, like you commented.)

upload_2019-4-23_10-37-52.png

I've got about close to 200 pages written for it so far (huge work in progress, turns out it's a bit of an undertaking lol,) but the idea is that the information will be presented not just as readable content, but with methods and ways for growers and the community here to add to, challenge/correct any bad, wrong, or potential misinformation, and otherwise generally agree to.

That way rather than saying "I'm one person, read my guide and follow this as gospel," we can say "this is what the community generally accepts to be true based on anecdotal and scientific evidence."

As the guide gets built out, then I'm going to add in a drop-down menu that will contain each section as a readable, easy to follow guide (that's been setup to mimic the readability and flow of popular grow books.)

upload_2019-4-23_10-37-23.png

5. Ryan Golightly

Ryan Golightly Auto Warrior

Can you put different nutrient schedules in the forum as well, i.e., advanced nutrients, fox farms, general hydro...? you get the idea. I followed one of the schedules on here for ff and ended up putting my first autoflower grow in lockout because of the way the schedule was laid out. Now I'm just finishing up the flush so that I can get it back on track. I am also setting up for my first coco grow after these girls are harvested and in the curing jars.

davisgirl and rick-j like this.
  6. Happyganjafarmer

Happyganjafarmer Welcome to the CannaZone

Currently Smoking:
    on a diet until i grow my own.
    Great idea!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davisgirl and Ryan Golightly like this.
  7. rick-j

rick-j Bearclaw

Currently Smoking:
    -forest pine, GSC, caterack kush