Black Dragon Smoke Report / Review.

• Good morning everyone! So I spent the day installing and upgrading a new add-on for AFN that effects our vendor and breeder forums. It's the same setup that we are using on High of the Tiger, but we didn't realize it would effect members a bit differently here on how it's been received.

The major benefit of the add-on is that it allows breeders/vendors a global calendar (that they add their own events to,) a group media gallery, group discussion area, an information/about tab, and a few other goodies that should make the experience overall a better one.

One major caveat to point out, the new groups (where you see the overlay) unfortuantely *REQUIRE* you to join them in order to post in them. This is done by design of the software (and I understand why,) however it's been requested to see if we can circumvent this somehow. I will inquire to the developer to see if it's an option available or one that can be added to future versions. So to be clear, you MUST JOIN the group to be able to post and reply, even if your existing threads were there before. We apologize for this minor inconvenience but it's a one-time deal and then it's back to business :-)
  • Hey we're testing out our new Raffle/Giveaway software and wanted to invite you all to try it out with us for a chance to win a Smokin' Screws pipe screen!

This will be for USA-based growers only (to start,) and the only requirements are 25 minimum post count to put in an entry (which you can do once per hour!)

Click Here to Enter!
Cannabis Seeds

niceneasy

Dragon Abuser
Jun 2, 2011
Currently Smoking
Fools that be steppin, and hash by the pipe.
Strain Review - Black Dragon.

SeedBank :

Name: (Aunt) Mossy's Medical MJ

Strain:

Name: Black Dragon

Did it autoflower?: Yes - 3 Weeks.

Soil/hydro:

Description: John Innes No 2 soil from seeds, with added Perlite.

Nutes:

Description: Ionic Grow / Bloom / Boost / Cannazym / Rhitzotonic

Light (kind and schedule):

Description: 20/4 from seeds. 250w MH bulb till Week 5, 250w HPS till Week 12.

From seed to harvest date: _80_days

Dry Yield: _160g Over 3 plants (One of which was purposely seeded).

High/Effect Duration:

Description: A good solid high which comes on almost straight away. Excellent in a bong, where three or four tokes has me comfortably numb and my eyes half closed. I'm quite an experienced smoker, but I still wouldn't want to be doing anything too complicated after using the Dragon. For most people this would be a decent night-time smoke, and personally I can't wait till I get some BHO & hash from the trim - that'll be my real knockout.

In-depth

RATE SCALE: * bad to ***** good

BAG APPEAL: *****

Description: Two of my plants exhibited a purple colouring & all the buds were very tight, with the smell of good strong Cannabis. Bang on bag appeal.

THE GROWTH: ****

Description: All my three Black Dragons were less than 12" tall, but managed to produce over an ounce each, some nearly two ounces. I had them under a 250w MH bulb till end of week 5, which will have helped with the height, but still a tight compact plant with little waste. Great for the smaller grower, but for me could have been a little taller.

THE SMELL: *****

Description: Since the first trichs started showing these plants have smelt wonderful. A lot of autoflowers just smell grassy, but these were a strong earthy cannabis smell from the off.

THE SMOKE: ****

Description: A strong, earthy smoke, that tastes well rounded. I thought there was going to be more fruit in the taste, just because of the vibrant purple colouring but not to be. Still, a really decent smoke. No complaints at all, and the plants are just dry. A few weeks in the jars, and I'm sure they'll be something else again.

THE HIGH: ****

Description: Quick acting and long lasting. I can see this helping with pain relief, sleeping and appetite problems. I've smoked a lot of autos, some of them you can tell are just shadows of the plants they've been copied from, but this smoke has character. Any non-autoflower advocates would be wanting these seeds.

Here's some pics, and a link to my grow thread. This report has been posted as the grow will eventually be lost within the many pages of the forum.

Grow Thread

sniper

scope'n the dope
Staff member
Global Moderator
Jan 30, 2011
+rep great report niceneasy

niceneasy

Dragon Abuser
Jun 2, 2011
Currently Smoking
Fools that be steppin, and hash by the pipe.
Cheers folks. I thought it only fair to put up a report thread as a lot of people won't have seen the grow.

KUDO

Auto Warrior
Feb 3, 2011
dam beautiful :slap: two the Dragon :smokebuds:nice smoke report :peace:Kudo