• Do you LOVE AFN?? bighug We do too!! But we need your help to keep the servers running!

If you feel like AFN has been useful in your journey and would like to help us pay some of the bills, we have a gofundme page setup for donations.
    Any amount that you can spare will be gratefully received

Click [HERE] to donate to AFN
  • Hey everyone, HLG is generously offering 3 pairs of Method Seven glasses (amazing eye protection for your grow) in a holiday giveaway!

Click Here to Enter and Play!
  • G'Day folks! It's voting time for the 2021 Outdoor Auto-Photo Comp', so please swing by to oggle them womens and pick your favorites!.... *Located at the Live Vendor G&S section*

Black Strap harvest?

buckfastley

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
I have a beautiful black strap growing, but I don't know when to harvest, I have always harvested at 20% Amber, but all my trichomes are pink :rofl:

So would a pink trichome be considered cloudy or amber?

PXL_20211229_192628275.jpg

Double Grape and Black Strap^

Mañ'O'Green

Kia ora. Retired to watch the grass grow.
Staff member
AFN Global Moderator
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Dabs of Rosin.
I have a beautiful black strap growing, but I don't know when to harvest, I have always harvested at 20% Amber, but all my trichomes are pink :rofl:

View attachment 1402713

That is a good question! I have had the same problem. I just used the general look of the plant and the breeder's time table for harvest time.

2budz

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Those are some beautiful, healthy plants. I'm curious about this as well. I have a BS just starting and had already thought about how to know when to harvest.

automan2

There comes a time in the lives of men....
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Gorilla Cookies, Tastebudz Vanilla, lotsa Rocbud
Growing and harvesting purple plants has always been a challenge regardless how long we've been doing it.
I don't mind a 'sleepy' weed but I never want a 'nervous nancy' harvest so with purple weed, I began looking for 'glistening trics' ....more glisten = less mature.... watch the 'glistens' and eventually you'll collate that info into harvest time to your liking.

Cave Dirt Cody

Big Donk Energy
Cultivators Club
Reaction score

View attachment 1402713

I grew the Anvil and saw the same thing. The trics kept getting darker and darker purple. I went 120 days and didn’t see 10% amber. But I have trouble seeing. These days.