Group events

Mars Hydro

Blown didoes Marshydro 300w LED

MarshydroTina

Marshydro sales rep
AFN Authorized Vendor
Jan 12, 2015
China
I'm really confused. If anyone could explain this to me, I'd be very grateful. Marshydro got back to me and said something about only replacing the black coloured diodes. Apparently, the other diodes are "sulfuration LED's".....what? The exact same chips are blown on both lights.

They said the black diodes are easily replaced and will cost £10 shipping, but if I want to repair the "sulfuration LED's" then I need to replace all 60 LED's and this will cost £30.

Marshydro suggest that I must burn sulphur in the tent to disinfect plants or it's the plant food I use. Really? I use Calmag, Flora Gro, micro and bloom. Here's another couple of pics. Can anyone tell me if the four blown LED's can be replaced, even the ones that appear totally burnt out, which must be the "sulfurated" ones. TBH, I haven't a clue. I wonder if it might be easier to figure out what colour diodes I need and buy them on ebay.

View attachment 739488

View attachment 739490

View attachment 739491

View attachment 739492

Here's the email I received

Dear Cat,

Hope you are fine. After we checked the problem of your led grow light. The 2 lights has been sulfuration by the sulfur. No offense. But you must burn the sulful under the light to disinfect your plants right? Or there has sulfur in your nutrition.

As you know the electric can not touch the sulfur and the light should be corrison by sulfur. So the solution should be below.

1. We can ship you the burned leds (black leds) and you just need pay us 10USD shipping fee. But the sulfuraration leds can not solve.
2.If you also wanna solve the sulfuration leds. Your light need replace all the 60led. Maybe you need pay at least 30 USD for the leds.
Please let me know your idea and wait for your kind response.
Hi Cat,
I asked my colleague, since your light is out of the warranty, so we can ship you free diodes, and you only need to cover the shipping fee $10.
Both of your lights are 440 burnt out, that is blue diodes.

Reactions: Bailey and Cat

MarshydroTina

Marshydro sales rep
AFN Authorized Vendor
Jan 12, 2015
China
I don't no what the hell there talking about this sulpher thing never heard anything like this before.If you no how to desolder and resolder the new diodes that could be a possible solution but to replace all 60 diodes is just crazy and paying for shipping and thirty bucks for the diodes would not be worth the trouble and time involved.I would suggest just using them the way they are and hopefully you will not have more diodes burn out.These are cheap lights and you get what you pay for so i would consider shopping for a better light from a reliable led company in the future.
Hi namvet
Since the LED lights are metal construction, so they cannot touch the corrosive items, we are not means the growers can't use the sulphur, we know using sulphur during the growth that will help plants grow better, we just want to tell growers when they use the sulphur or other corrosive items, take the light out of the tent, that will help keep the lights use longer. We definitely will help Cat to repair his light.

Reactions: Bailey

Bailey

Auto Warrior
Global Moderator
Feb 24, 2016
Hi @MarshydroTina I have the same problem and emailed lgled who asked for proof of purchase with h I can't get as my mum purchased it and has sadly passed can you help me please I have 7 420blues burnt out

MarshydroTina

Marshydro sales rep
AFN Authorized Vendor
Jan 12, 2015
China
Hi @MarshydroTina I have the same problem and emailed lgled who asked for proof of purchase with h I can't get as my mum purchased it and has sadly passed can you help me please I have 7 420blues burnt out
Can you take a picture of PCB board, like this, there have numbers on it, then we can guess when the light produced.
TIM图片20181126092609.jpg

Bailey

Auto Warrior
Global Moderator
Feb 24, 2016
Can you take a picture of PCB board, like this, there have numbers on it, then we can guess when the light produced.
View attachment 978429
Hey @MarshydroTina here's the pic you requested IMG_20181126_134029.jpgAnd here's a full pic so you can see the blown out 7
I did get an email from lgled saying because I don't have proof of purchase that I would have to pay for repair I'm only wanting new diodes so I can repair it myself

Attachments

MarshydroTina

Marshydro sales rep
AFN Authorized Vendor
Jan 12, 2015
China
Hey @MarshydroTina here's the pic you requested View attachment 978591And here's a full pic so you can see the blown out 7
I did get an email from lgled saying because I don't have proof of purchase that I would have to pay for repair I'm only wanting new diodes so I can repair it myself
Can you send this picture to the email [email protected]? our professional solution will help you to get the replacement parts

Bailey

Auto Warrior
Global Moderator
Feb 24, 2016
hope your light will fix well
Thanks they look pretty easy to repair and I'm pretty good with a solder gun so fingers crossed . I got an email back from the email you provided and they said its in warranty so all good thanks again