• Best AFN Outdoor Auto Grower of 2020: 1st: 420Forever 2nd: 4d-Rock 3rd: Jean-O CONGRATULATIONS
  • Best AFN Outdoor photosensitive Grower of 2020: 1st Kyote 2nd Dankstyle J 3rd Jean-O CONGRATULATIONS
  • BOMB Seeds: 1st: JohnEMad 2nd: pop22
  • DinaFem 2020 second leg: 1st: Only1Sky 2nd: St. Tom 3rd: Feenix
  • Zamnesia 2020: 1st: HighnDry 2nd: Only1Sky
  • Auto Seeds 2020: 1st: MesaBoogie 2nd: Only1Sky
  • FastBuds 2020 1st: Chronic_passion 2nd: St. Tom
  • Female Seeds Autos 2020: 1st: HighnDry 2nd: pop22 3rd: Boognelson87
  • Female Seeds Photos 2020: 1st: pop22
  • Seedstockers 2020: 1st: JohnEMad Chronic_passion

Botanicare Pure Blend Pro "Bloom" vs Fox Farm Tiger Bloom

Couch_Lock

Weed Connoisseur
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
meh weed, local
Anybody used both before, in the past or present?

I've had FF "Tiger Bloom" for almost 4 yrs, went in my sub pantry to find a bottle almost empty. Decided to take a chance and try Botanicare's "Bloom" product for soil, I was thinking it must be equal to or better then FF "Tiger Bloom".

Most of these nutes are likely similar. Was I wrong? just ordered on Amazon.

Mañ'O'Green

Retired to watch the grass grow.
Staff member
AFN Global Moderator
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Dabs of Rosin.
Anybody used both before, in the past or present?

I've had FF "Tiger Bloom" for almost 4 yrs, went in my sub pantry to find a bottle almost empty. Decided to take a chance and try Botanicare's "Bloom" product for soil, I was thinking it must be equal to or better then FF "Tiger Bloom".

Most of these nutes are likely similar. Was I wrong? just ordered on Amazon.
@Couch_Lock Balanced nutrients is the key to successful growing. By balanced I mean the ratio of elements presented to the plant at any given time. This chart demonstrates in weight of PPM of a liter. It is not EC.

Nutrient Guide.jpg

Mixing and matching vendor products can be done if they do not violate this balance. The thing is they all blend the elements differently and it is easy to blow the balance.

IMPO it is best to use only products from one vendor at a time.

low_and_slow

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Botanicare makes very high quality products, in my opinion superior to Fox Farms.

What MOG said is also good info, mix and match is sketchy.

Couch_Lock

Weed Connoisseur
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
meh weed, local
I don't use synthetic nutes for veg at all.....mainly water or Recharge......if anything else is added its liquified FF earthworm castings with bat guano

I never was really impressed with Tiger Bloom.......but I still have a tad.

I understand using one vendors line of nutes is easier, its all formulated to work together. Your post makes complete sense, MOG.

damien50

https://www.ftfcultivation.com/
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
I've used Pure Blend Pro Bloom with Liquid Karma to great success. My friend has used this combination for ten+ years in RO and loves it.

We're both in hydroponics though so I can't speak to what the experience might be like in soil. We keep our EC at .5 - 1.0 and I'm fond of the semi organic nature of both products.

I do agree to some degree with @Mañ'O'Green but I can't deny that it works in some instances like with the Lucas Formula.