Boveda Wants to Hear From YOU!

• Good morning everyone! So I spent the day installing and upgrading a new add-on for AFN that effects our vendor and breeder forums. It's the same setup that we are using on High of the Tiger, but we didn't realize it would effect members a bit differently here on how it's been received.

The major benefit of the add-on is that it allows breeders/vendors a global calendar (that they add their own events to,) a group media gallery, group discussion area, an information/about tab, and a few other goodies that should make the experience overall a better one.

One major caveat to point out, the new groups (where you see the overlay) unfortuantely *REQUIRE* you to join them in order to post in them. This is done by design of the software (and I understand why,) however it's been requested to see if we can circumvent this somehow. I will inquire to the developer to see if it's an option available or one that can be added to future versions. So to be clear, you MUST JOIN the group to be able to post and reply, even if your existing threads were there before. We apologize for this minor inconvenience but it's a one-time deal and then it's back to business :-)
  • Hey we're testing out our new Raffle/Giveaway software and wanted to invite you all to try it out with us for a chance to win a Smokin' Screws pipe screen!

This will be for USA-based growers only (to start,) and the only requirements are 25 minimum post count to put in an entry (which you can do once per hour!)

Click Here to Enter!
Cannabis Seeds

Boveda

Auto Warrior
AFN Authorized Vendor
Jun 21, 2018
**EDIT** - Week 1 has started follow the info here:
Boveda Wants to Hear From YOU!

Hi everyone!

Announcing a 5 week series of feedback requests from you the many growers here.

The series will be on the topic of “Harvest”.

In my eyes, the harvest has 5 steps & so for the next 5 weeks I will be asking how YOU do each of the 5 steps. Boveda learns from those doing the actual growing so what better way than ask how each of you harvest?

At the end of 5 weeks I’ll put everyone’s name in 5 draws for the new Boveda Butler!

You can check it out here: bovedabutler.com

Last edited:

Haze4dayz

Auto Warrior
Jun 8, 2018
Currently Smoking
Nothing! Ran out
I can jump in on that one! I watched a video by that Cannuk guy on YouTube, and he said never to use boveda to lower moisture only to raise it... Now I put a 8 gram boveda pack in my tobacco pouch over night to see what happened... And my baccy was definitely drier than the night before. So I believe what he said to be rubbish. Any thoughts on this Boveda??

Hypathetical Gardener

Auto Warrior
Gladiator level 1
May 16, 2018
I can jump in on that one! I watched a video by that Cannuk guy on YouTube, and he said never to use boveda to lower moisture only to raise it... Now I put a 8 gram boveda pack in my tobacco pouch over night to see what happened... And my baccy was definitely drier than the night before. So I believe what he said to be rubbish. Any thoughts on this Boveda??
I use boveda for both. I paper bag dry and immediately into a jar with boveda. Yes it dries a bit when i pop the lid, but the bovida reabsorbs what it loses from the over wet bud when the lid is closed.

Fire one off for me [emoji108] HG

Arthur

Auto Warrior
Gladiator level 1
Jun 3, 2017
Currently Smoking
Pressed white crack on quarts
I have never used the packets except for the couple times it came in something from a dispensary. Would be happy to participate in the Q&A though.

Boveda

Auto Warrior
AFN Authorized Vendor
Jun 21, 2018
Hi there! Yes, Boveda technology involves movement of pure water vapor both in and out of wee holes by way of osmosis. Of course, there is a maximum amount of moisture the Boveda could hold but it will definitely draw in enough to make a difference if you're on the edge of being too moist when put to cure. So yes, Boveda will regulate the relative humidity in the jar and very quickly in the product inside the jar as well. Does this make sense?

Haze4dayz

Auto Warrior
Jun 8, 2018
Currently Smoking
Nothing! Ran out
Hi there! Yes, Boveda technology involves movement of pure water vapor both in and out of wee holes by way of osmosis. Of course, there is a maximum amount of moisture the Boveda could hold but it will definitely draw in enough to make a difference if you're on the edge of being too moist when put to cure. So yes, Boveda will regulate the relative humidity in the jar and very quickly in the product inside the jar as well. Does this make sense?
Yep that makes perfect sense to me, always double check your sources I think is the moral here!