1. It's back for season 2! ... This is one of the most fun, diverse Comp's we run, full of thrills, chills and spills! So slap that helmet on, grab your best beans and start bustin' moves... Boooiiiii! ... just check in with our fab' MC 912GreenSkell.....
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Did you miss the interview with AgriScience Laboratories yesterday?

Come learn about cannabinoid testing and variance, pesticide/contaminant testing requirements in the state of Colorado, and how state/federal regulations factor into those requirements!

CLICK HERE TO LISTEN!
    Dismiss Notice

Boveda - Welcome & Contact Information

Discussion in 'Boveda' started by Son of Hobbes, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Boveda

Boveda Auto Warrior AFN Authorized Vendor

Hi there! Glad to hear you're enjoying your Boveda products. They really are amazing for long-term storage. Cheers!

Jraven and stedimed like this.
  2. Boveda

Thank you!
    Hey, that's great to hear. Cheers!

Feenix and Jraven like this.
  3. Boveda

Hey! Thanks for giving us the opportunity to put your mind at ease. We've tested Boveda and haven't found any terpenes getting absorbed into the
    Boveda. As you're no doubt aware, terpene profiles naturally change over time and Boveda works to minimize degradation in the flower and will preserve as many precious terpenes as possible. On a personal note, I've been storing and now curing my Cannabis with Boveda for over a year and haven't experienced any loss of scent. For me, the grind never lies. Cheers!

Margahooja, Jraven and stedimed like this.
  4. Boveda

Thank you!

Margahooja likes this.
  5. Boveda

Oh yes, proper RH control ensures that the resinous oils remain fresh. Boveda also comes in numerous RH levels. Check them out here: https://bovedainc.com/store/shop-rh/

Cheers!

Margahooja and stedimed like this.
  6. Mañ'O'Green

Mañ'O'Green Retired to watch the grass grow. CannaZone Product Tester (Tier 1)

Currently Smoking:
    Eating Blue Brilliant and Monster Profit Rosin Chocolate
    I have some 2 year old buds with Boveda 62s and yes the smell has changed but there is no way to know if it would be different (good or bad) without the pack? I do know that the older buds with 62s I press into rosin yield much better than pressing dry bud.

So I have some new Monster Profit that I could squirrel away 2 jars; one with one without and next year about the 4th of July (or when I need it) I will give it a try. Now this is a really small sample test. It would be better if other AFN testers did the same. If you are planning to give out samples for testing perhaps you could sponsor the test. Pretty cheap way to get documented testimonials!

Mcdee and Feenix like this.
  7. Boveda

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll pass it on. I have found that the scent 'deepens' over time which I've attributed to ripening and condensing terpenes in the resins etc. I'm always amazed at how good it smells once ground. The whole process of preparing to partake--however you do it--is ritualistically positive at times. Know what I mean?

stedimed and Feenix like this.
  8. Mañ'O'Green

Mañ'O'Green Retired to watch the grass grow. CannaZone Product Tester (Tier 1)

Currently Smoking:
    Eating Blue Brilliant and Monster Profit Rosin Chocolate
    Yes........... Think Thai Stick in 1970; I can still smell it in my mind. I am growing some Thai right now. Of course it won't be dipped in opium like then.

9. Olde School Player

Olde School Player Celebrating 44th anniversary of my 1st grow

Currently Smoking:
    Humboldt Green Crack (dwindling photoperiod), TH Seeds Auto Original Bubblegum, Beef Brisket, Boston Butt Pork Roast

No you didn't.... I thought I was the only one who remembered Thai sticks... Well, Maybe @Nosias was there too, how about it Bro?
    Looked like an incense stick with little bud pieces wrapped with cannabis "bark" thread strips then dipped.
    Holy Shit, FlashBack time!!!

Welcome to AFN, Boveda! I think it's time to order some product, consensus seems to be 62% is best for over-dried bud while 58% would be better for freshly cured bud and long term storage? Also, haven't looked at your website yet so forgive me if this is documented elsewhere, what sizes of packs are recommended for what volume of container? Is there a reference or guideline for that?

stedimed and Jraven like this.
  10. forbiddenx711

forbiddenx711 Qualified Live Stoner

Currently Smoking:
    Montecristo Vintage '93 Club Cabinet & Partagás Lusitania
    @912GreenSkell @Boveda @Olde School Player I remember those thai sticks very very well. There were a couple of different types but the best ones were fat like a 60 ring gauge cigar, just fit in a ziplock bag... oh and yes I can still smell it and taste it. I use the 62 bags in all my jars and last years harvest is holding out quite well. I use them in my cigar humidor too.