• Come join us as we welcome Horticulture Lighting Group to the Autoflower Network!

We have an official representative from HLG that will be active on the forum to answer your questions, several units that are coming for our official product testing (grow and show's,) and we'll be working together to provide better information on lighting in general!

Come say hello!
  • Do you LOVE AFN?? bighug We do too!! But we need your help to keep the servers running!

If you feel like AFN has been useful in your journey and would like to help us pay some of the bills, we have a gofundme page setup for donations.
    Any amount that you can spare will be gratefully received

Click [HERE] to donate to AFN

Brewing Teas - From Seed To Harvest - Round 1

NebulaNuggets

Doing Without Doing
Reaction score
got any pics of it brewing by chance? was curious if it was very foamy or anything.
Nah no pics of the tea brewing but if memory is correct, I think it was very little foam if any at all. I am going to do another next week and I'll take some pics. The plants did respond nicely to the Bu's tea

This is the most recent brew, 1/2 cup neem cake with 1/4 cup each of crab meal and kelp meal. Also a small dose of recharge and some ewc from the worm bin
I just watered it in after a 20 hour brew.

The goal was to use a tea for IPM to knock out the fungus gnats in the soil. Neem of course is good for the IPM and a source of macro and micro nutrients and Crab Meal for chitins to help strengthen the plants defense system

The most interesting thing about the neem tea - I checked it an hour after the brew was bubbling and the room smelled strong like neem. I checked the pots for a plan of action at that time, looking around for the fungus gnats. They were freaking gone! It's as if they smelled/sensed the neem and all hid, no longer scurrying about the soil surface!

One hour into brew. There ended up being a little foam at 20 hours. I really need a good microscope so I can start to see what I am brewing

NebulaNuggets

Doing Without Doing
Reaction score
New brew for a new 50 gal tub. Going to let this brew 24 hours and drench the tub

This is another Bu's Biodynamic Compost Tea brew with 1/4 cup each of kelp and alfalfa meal added, a handful of ewc, and a small dose of Recharge and Oregonism xl.
I believe the foam is from the yucca in the oregonism. Here's what's in it:
Roots Organics contains strains of 6 endotrophic and 6 ectotrophic mycorrhizae species, 2 trichoderma, 13 strains of beneficial bacteria, yucca and soluble kelp

The tea brewing at 16 hours so far