1. No Site Badges will be issued until after our server update. Sorry..the Update does not support the current format. All current site badges will be lost. As soon as possible after the update.. we will have a New updated set for 2019
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey everyone, we're officially live on the new server but we're finding some errors being thrown out when it comes to image uploads; we're working hard on getting things fixed up so it's a smooth process again so please bear with us!

Please report any bugs in the Announcements forum!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. General Battle 2019. First Leg Winner was The Mugwamp with his Dutch Passion Auto Critical Orange Punch. Grown under 250w hps dual spectrum lights. CONGRATULATIONS
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Winner of the Mephisto First Leg Battle was MrOldBoy with Mephisto Sam's Crack..in Living Organic oils under Optic4 lights. CONGRATULATIONS MrOldBoy
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Winner of the Lighting Battle. First Leg 2019 is Iriee Vibez with a Dutch Passion Auto Glueberry OG under a mix of Kind Led ..RapidLED COBs and Chilled Logic Puck. CONGRATULATIONS.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Congratulations to Mesaboogie who Won the Dinafem 1st Leg Battle 2019 Well Grown....
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Seed Stockers First Leg Battle 2019 was Won by our own woody... CONGRATULATIONS woody...Taking one for the Staff Team...
    Dismiss Notice

Calcium def not going away w/ calmag?

Discussion in 'Autoflower Infirmary for Sick Plants' started by Odissey, Mar 17, 2019.

1. Odissey

Odissey Auto Warrior

Cheers everyone,

My plant has a problem which I am having a hard time diagnosing. I am doing a DP Think different in a micro tent (40x40× 80 cm) and I am using a cob cree led 55 w and growing in soil with Tangs easy schedule. Everything has been pretty smooth sailing until now. However, 1.5 weeks ago the plant started to exhibit brown spots on leaves, which I thought was a calcium deficiency, so I started using increasing amounts of AN CalMag. The problem is not going away though so I thought I should seek some help before it kills the plant (it is spreading quite fast). Here are some photos:
    20190317_111206_HDR.jpg 20190317_111210.jpg 20190317_111217.jpg 20190317_111243_HDR.jpg

Thanks a lot for your help!

Tags:
    rick-j likes this.
  2. MesaBoogie

MesaBoogie We live to survive our paradoxes CannaZone Product Tester (Tier 1)

3. Odissey

Odissey Auto Warrior

Hey Mesa! Thanks a lot, I will do just that. I havent been phing though as that is the reason why I went with tangs schedule: not to have to measure ph

4. Odissey

Odissey Auto Warrior

Problem: rusty/spotty/dry leaves throughout all leaves except the very new ones. I suspect calcium def.

Medium/grow method: soil and Tangs easy schedule and 55w cob cree

Feed: and supplements used: AN bloom, calmag and recently carboload

water source: tap. Good quality I believe. Ph is between 7 and 8 though

Strain/age: DP think different. 38 days

light used: 55 w cob cree, distance to plant ~25 cm

Climate: 24ish degrees celcius, pc fan for extract and pc fan for air circulation, passive intake

Additional info: I tried to correct calmag deficiency by adding 0.5/ml calmag per liter, then 1 and now 1.5 ml. Still not going away. I water when top is dry and I dont water to runoff. I also dont ph

Thanks a lot for the help

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
    rick-j likes this.
  5. Odissey

Odissey Auto Warrior

Additional info: I was now feeding 2ml part A and B but reduced the AN bloom part A to 1ml per liter since the calmag is 4-0-0 and the plant was showing the claw.
    On light distance, she does not show burnt or bleached tops so I thought thats not it. If you think that is the problem, I can spare around 5 cm vertical distance though (80cm micro tent)

6. karlkutta

karlkutta Welcome to the CannaZone

I'm a new grower and have/had my own share of problems. Your feed, is it pH Balanced? I know some AN is. If not I would meter the pH. I see you are using a low dose of nutes compared to if you go by what AN would tell us. But I have been "under feeding" in that regard myself and feel like we need to listen to our plants, not the nutes slingers.

The right pH is important for the nutes uptake. I actually measure my pH with a solution and not an electronic meter. Works for me, it's what I had on hand

rick-j likes this.
  7. Odissey

Odissey Auto Warrior

Hi karl! Thabks for the reply. Well, I am using AN perfect ph so I think ph shouldn't be an issue. In any case I will ph next feed to check.
    I am pretty much following Tangs easy autoflower schedule and, if anything, I think I might be overfeeding because some leafs have the "claw". I am very puzzled by this

8. Tommy Bahama

Tommy Bahama Auto Warrior

Um, not quite since you are growing in soil. While pH Perfect Grow/Bloom are fine nutrients to use with any medium, the 'pH Perfect" part of it is actually designed to get you a [close to] perfect pH when doing hydroponics.
    Many people miss this little tidbit when reading the documentation about the product:

pH Perfect is such a potent technology that it can bring a pH of 8.7 down to 5.5 in a matter of seconds. Or, it can raise a low pH of 4.8 to 5.5 in the same time.

I use it with soil, but I use plenty of pH Up to bring my pH up to 6.5 after I am done mixing in all my nutrients and extra goodies. It's pretty consistently right at 5.4 after I'm done mixing everything up and before I start adjusting.

rick-j and Odissey like this.
  9. Odissey

Odissey Auto Warrior

Thanks for the reply! Oh wow I had no idea about this! I just checked the website and you are right. I wonder how Tang manages to get his impressive results then. And with the ph up you manage to avoid calmag issues?

rick-j likes this.
  10. Tommy Bahama

Tommy Bahama Auto Warrior

Yep, no issues at all. I use a whole array of Advanced Nutrients products. Here is my theoretical (I let the plants dictate their needs) nutrient schedule in case you are interested in seeing what I use:

nutrient_schedule.jpg

Odissey likes this.