Cancer patient. Combining opioids and canna

Discussion in 'Medical Cannabis Discussion' started by lunarman, Sep 27, 2018.

1. Hippy_BiotabsF70

Hippy_BiotabsF70 Formerly Hippy71

Currently Smoking:
    Everything
    I personally think it’s very irresponsible. The fact that he’s already receiving cancer Meds from a TRAINED DOCTOR doesn’t change my opinion at all. He’s having a bad reaction to SOMETHING which is potentially causing psychosis. Personally I wouldn’t take advice from either a pharmacist or a forum in this instance.

Who’s the dick?

Ryker604_BT and Eekman like this.
  2. skunkpharm

skunkpharm Auto Warrior

Please watch the truth about cancer. And this

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Eekman and Root like this.
  3. skunkpharm

skunkpharm Auto Warrior

I'm not saying that these people have all the answers. But be open minded.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

4. Mossy

Mossy Daenerys Targaryen Staff Member Site Administrator

Currently Smoking:
    Dragon
    And..you'll find I advised him to stop the canna meds for a week so we can tell if it is side effect from the morphine or chemo..:headbang:

5. lunarman

lunarman Smoke Cannabis Live with Friends on AFN

Thats what i figured. I suspected that because of your username and your advice posted above.

Eekman, Root and Mossy like this.
  6. lunarman

Thank u Mossy. Duly noted all u said/suggested. Bless u as well.

Eyes on Fire, Root and Mossy like this.
  7. lunarman

He is off canna now or was when i visited on weds. 3 days off. I have since learned that the med people from the Cancer Clinic are going to recommend he reduce the opioids so he can enjoy some Canna. I'm going to recommend that they buy some legit medical CBD flower product and I will create some rosin for him I think that might be good to counteract The Psychotic effect of THC as recommended by @skunkpharm, who I seriously doubt very much is a dick. My friends both have become very good friends with the pharma guy at the cancer clinic in Calgary and that person is visiting them at their home, so its not all just medical related for them. They all like each other which is nice to see.

The person calling me a dick i wont dialog with. Not going to be helpful or productive. I thougjt people like that dont exist on afn. Oh well.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2018
  8. Mossy

Mossy Daenerys Targaryen Staff Member Site Administrator

Currently Smoking:
    Dragon
    I Wish you and him a Great weekend...:bighug:...sounds like you are doing everything you can..and that is all you can ask.

He is Lucky to have a Friend like you with a compassionate heart.

Mizzo81, Eyes on Fire and Root like this.
  9. Eyes on Fire

Eyes on Fire Guy Smiley

If it has happened all of a sudden type of thing it could be either of the meds actually.Chemo Brain or, Canna and/or Morphine psychosis.Especially if he is receiving a higher second round dose of chemo.Compound effect. And for the record having spoken with,known several and still talk with a few.Doctors arent all that.I learned that when I was doing PTA school.Physical Therapists Assistant,and dealing with my own Brain and body lesions at George Town University School of Medicine.Best of Luck to your friend. Oh,and my sister was a Nationally Certified Pharmacy Technician.Not State.So I for one am FAR from clueless. Thank you,Have a fine Day :D I wish thee very best and speedy recovery for your friend.

Mizzo81, Root and lunarman like this.
  10. lunarman

Thanks Eyes. Good point to mention on the root cause possibly being related to all or part of 3 types of drugs. I believe but will have to check that this all started after he started using rosin. But not long before that he started the second round of chemo and new regime of opioids to go with it. So could be it was induced by an accumulation of things.

And my friends are of course consulting with the cancer clinic docs on this. But they are all not canna friendly. I don't think the oncologist is. But as mentioned the clinic just agreed to work on reducing the opiods so he can use Canna too. I was just seeking some outside advise via this medical cannabis discussion board that likely has a lot of experience people on it willing to help and make some suggestions. I appreciate the help and have already passed on suggestions to my friends wife. I know they are looking at alternative medicine on top of the cancer clinic. That's what a lot of cancer patients do from what I understand. I'd do the same thing in that situation.