• OFFICIAL AFN MERCHANDISE

Sacra Via is the Exclusive Online Vendor for AFN

Sacra Via Logo
    Browse The Store

|| AFN Mugs || AFN Dab Mats || AFN T-Shirts || & Much More ||

Go Visit the Website Today to get your Official AFN Merchandise - Crafted with Love by our very own Rebel

Use Discount Code AFN10 for 10% discount off your total order!

Thanks Logo Thanks Logo Thanks Logo

• The Autoflower Conversational

Today's Topic:

1. Sativa, Indica, Ruderalis - Is it all BS?

Come give us your thoughts, we want to hear from you!
  • Test 1, Test 2 *tap tap tap*

AFN Live Chat Room
  • Win Bruce Banner
  • Prescription Blend Nutrients is offering a great 20% off discount code! This new nute company is showing well here, so swing by their section and see,... If you want to try their kit, the new disc. code is in the PB section...

Cannabis and its response to light (a discussion about leaf lift)

Eyes on Fire

Guy Smiley
Reaction score
Website
www.autoflower.net
I see it often actually indoors. I have two or three that are dong that that are only a cpl inches difference and one is the same strain as others.,not doing that leaf lift.

imho there is nothing out of the norm here. I see this often fro hotter soils,aggressive strains and of course lacking slightly or a lot of light/Photons. usually just aggressive and light associated imo. and like Nammy said,in the AM they are ready n roll usually. but just prior to the lights coming on ime,I dont see a lotta leaf lift. it has to do with the photons imo...mostly anyways. swut I see most often anyways. I monitor my plants often as we all do.

005.JPG
025.JPG
026.JPG

pop22

Frankensteins Lab Leader
AFN Gladiator
Reaction score
Recently read that some studies are saying that more than 20hours of light may be a waste of electricity. Not sure myself one way or the other.

Your statement in whole is a bit confusing, if cannabis was indeed a "C3 Plant" then they wouldnt have photo-periods. So how would you trigger a photo plant indoors to flower?
Running your lights 24/0 is only getting you a higher power bill, i have never seen improved yields, my self with the lights running all the time.

Groff

Geekazoid
Reaction score
@wxguy got it right, it’s phototropism. And when the girls are happy in their homes, they’ll work out like athletes instead of being couch potatoes just getting fat on excess transpiration and strong nutes.. Happiness really does bring out the best in them. This is my current grow

Here you can see an Auto Blackberry Kush dance to a 75w light…

SpliffScot

Just Say No... well ok then if I must
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
. . . I'm on rations of Grape Crinkle and Beary White till next harvest.
Nice Video - its a shame there was less video towards the end of the grow << re the topic it looked like the plant really showed this off during stretch but less so after ? > Phototopism is the right term as per above and @wxguy- many plants display it (Clover and Wood Sorrels being typical examples which entirely close their leaves at night).

BRICH999

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Crazy theory on this ive developed from observing lots of plants: seems pretty well known the plants will do this when they are "happy" and growing well. A leaf serves many purposes but one role is rain collection. With leaves upward pointing they will direct more water toward the center of the plant and eventually center of root mass.

When a plant isnt doing so well it does not use up as much available water, nutes, light etc so to keep the roots from being over saturated they turn leaves downward which would direct water toward the outside on the plant and root mass.

Heavily Medicated

I Grow, Therefore I Am
Reaction score
Crazy theory on this ive developed from observing lots of plants: seems pretty well known the plants will do this when they are "happy" and growing well. A leaf serves many purposes but one role is rain collection. With leaves upward pointing they will direct more water toward the center of the plant and eventually center of root mass.

When a plant isnt doing so well it does not use up as much available water, nutes, light etc so to keep the roots from being over saturated they turn leaves downward which would direct water toward the outside on the plant and root mass.
That is really sound reasoning and exactly how mother nature builds in adaptability. Another thought, I usually see this mostly on the top parts of the plant. Could it be that mother nature is raising the tops up some to allow more light to the lower leaves that lay more flat to catch more rays. :pass:

Z_Bop

BOP Collective
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Glueberry OG, Night Queen, Kritical Bilbo

That just blew my mind a bit...