• Do you LOVE AFN?? bighug We do too!! But we need your help to keep the servers running!

If you feel like AFN has been useful in your journey and would like to help us pay some of the bills, we have a gofundme page setup for donations.
    Any amount that you can spare will be gratefully received

Click [HERE] to donate to AFN
  • G'Day folks! It's voting time for the 2021 Outdoor Auto-Photo Comp', so please swing by to oggle them womens and pick your favorites!.... *Located at the Live Vendor G&S section*

CBD Oil For Depression?

ChloeG

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Using it is a good method nowadays to deal with depression.

WildBill

'Sand And Basketball'
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Along with chronic pain, depression is often a result. Those with both may want to grow a 1:1 lady. The "Entourage Effect" is what I'm hoping for when I grow my first CBD 1:1 in my next grow.

ChloeG

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
It's already widely used to deal with mental illnesses. A 2014 animal study found that CBD's effect on these receptors in the brain produced both antidepressant and anti-anxiety effects. A more recent 2018 review of existing studies concluded that CBD has anti-stress effects, which may reduce depression related to stress. Even a lot of doctors nowadays prescribe smoking CBD as a depression treatment, and there are even medicines base on CBD or THC oils that help to deal with depression and anxiety. I have seen that they are even sold without a prescription on sites like https://www.cbdoilking.co.uk, which means that they are 100% legal and healthy.

fauxnacho

Blaze HQ
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Pure Kush
My experience was that CBD alone had little to no noticeable effect, but together with THC was much better for me than normal, low-CBD bud. Growing and smoking high-CBD strains helped me with pain and sleep. 1:1 ratio or a CBD-only strain mixed with a normal strain, again aiming for 1:1 but it's not precise
I'd also advocate taking CBD pills alongside normal weed for an overnight improvement, as growing takes time

DONTON

The Road To Nowhere Leads To Me
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Gotta Grow It First
Good discussion.My last job was at a cultivation center and I had great discounts on all cannabis items and started using CBD and really liked it.The job went south and am no longer there and after working at a cultivation center I would never go back to one.Bad thing about CBD though is if you have a drug test especially urine you will test positive for THC.And even if you mention that up front it seems to not matter.

I have a question.Is smoking/vaping CBD more effective/potent than sublingual?If so growing it would be great and a huge savings over store bought.

islandsportivo

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
A very close friend of mine is dealing with the depression now. He ordered ton of medicines from canadian pharmacy and takes so much chemicals every single day. Should i get him some CBD oil maybe? Does someone have a personal good experience when dealing with depression? Cheers guys

Last edited:

fauxnacho

Blaze HQ
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Pure Kush
A very close friend of mine is dealing with the depression now. He ordered ton of medicines and takes so much chemicals every single day. Should i get him some CBD oil maybe? Does someone have a personal good experience when dealing with depression? Cheers guys
Hi bud, can only offer opinion but it's an opinion borne out of experience.
Cbd oil alone won't do much, maybe a placebo effect, but it has no psychoactive properties.
Bud that has a high cbd content, and thus a reduced thc content, will have an effect.
Without knowing what's available to you and your suffering friend, I'd like to suggest trying some mid-range THC mixed with high CBD bud. I use that to stay in balance you know? Smoking high THC bud makes you feel good for a while but throws you off reality soon enough.
More CBD and less THC makes for a grounded high but still allows you to change your perspective, is how I find it. So if that's what your friend needs, I hope you can obtain some good stuff! It beats the chemical anti-Ds for sure :peace:

islandsportivo

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Hi bud, can only offer opinion but it's an opinion borne out of experience.
Cbd oil alone won't do much, maybe a placebo effect, but it has no psychoactive properties.
Bud that has a high cbd content, and thus a reduced thc content, will have an effect.
Without knowing what's available to you and your suffering friend, I'd like to suggest trying some mid-range THC mixed with high CBD bud. I use that to stay in balance you know? Smoking high THC bud makes you feel good for a while but throws you off reality soon enough.
More CBD and less THC makes for a grounded high but still allows you to change your perspective, is how I find it. So if that's what your friend needs, I hope you can obtain some good stuff! It beats the chemical anti-Ds for sure :peace:
Thanks a lot for your answer. The point with him is that he also doesn't like smoking. Like at all. Offered him so many times, no luck

Jerseyphresh1

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Personally I mix CBD (Charlotte's angel, which I highly recommend) with a pinch of something sativa leaning or if I'm looking to sleep indica leaning. Maybe 80/20. The CBD alone doesn't really do anything for me but mixed a little and you get the "happy" from the sativa but only in a small amount and the CBD kinda takes the anxiety/paranoia/speed/muscle and nerve pain down