Coco and dry amendments

• The state of AFN
  • Hey everyone, I'm doing some testing on some things and will have the Live IM chat add-on disabled for the time being. Appreciate your consideration and apologies for any inconvenience! - Hobbes (7 pm MDT 2/13/2020)

Rwg111

Welcome to the CannaZone
Staff member
AFN Global Moderator
AFN Gladiator
Aug 3, 2018
Currently Smoking
Cdlc x sour stomper
What’s up guys interesting Chat was thinking about giving canucks method a go.I’m in the uk and can’t seem to get my hands on Gaia greens or dr earth, do any of you know of any similar products that’s easier to source. ✌
Growilla dry amendments by botanicare. I have had alot of success with this myself.

shumway

Welcome to the CannaZone
AFN Gladiator
Apr 19, 2011
1 tbsp of EACH of the 4-4-4 and the 8-2-4 per gallon of medium. Top dress and work into the coco. This according to Matt at Mr. Canuck's grow.

Edit.. He does this week 5 and then every 3 weeks until finish.

Edit- 2-8-4
1 tbsp per gallon? Try 4 lol

4 tbsp per gallon for the initial amending then 2 tbsp for top dressings :thumbsup:

shumway

Welcome to the CannaZone
AFN Gladiator
Apr 19, 2011
Just to add to my post above lol

He states in the one vid that he does mixes of...

70/30 4-4-4 & 2-8-4 for veg
50-50 mix start of flowering
70/30 2-8-4 & 4-4-4 for flower

Now if you go back and watch all his vids again he claims a couple different ratios for the autos :rofl: And don't know if anyone has noticed but he has jumped in size for the pots he uses,He was using 3 gallons but the ones hes using now are at least twice that size so thats how hes getting into 5+ weeks off the first feeding lol

*EDIT*

Now hes using 5 gallon fabric pots in todays vid :rolleyes1:

Last edited:

Jakob

Auto Warrior
Sep 12, 2018
I really want to try this with my next grow but i cant find these products in australia. Can anyonr point me in the right direction?

Reactions: Mizzo81

IamRobertPaulson

Auto Warrior
Sep 20, 2019
I use the dr earth 4-4-4 at 2 tablespoons or 3 per gallon of coco coir. I use the dry ammendments to start my seedlings but once they get big i go to my sythetic nutrients.you cant go of dr earths recipe bc its made for soil witch already has nutrients in it. When i use it i double the amnt bc the coco has no nutrient value.

IamRobertPaulson

Auto Warrior
Sep 20, 2019
What’s up guys interesting Chat was thinking about giving canucks method a go.I’m in the uk and can’t seem to get my hands on Gaia greens or dr earth, do any of you know of any similar products that’s easier to source. ✌
Any organic 4-4-4 will do. Its pretty much the same. Canucks uses gia green bc they sponcer him. It dosent mean its the best. I use dr earths bc its cheaper and easy to find. And it has the same stuff. I add alphalfa meal as well bc it contains tricantinol.

Autoflower420As

Auto Warrior
Jan 12, 2020
Currently Smoking
Purple cookies
Any organic 4-4-4 will do. Its pretty much the same. Canucks uses gia green bc they sponcer him. It dosent mean its the best. I use dr earths bc its cheaper and easy to find. And it has the same stuff. I add alphalfa meal as well bc it contains tricantinol.
Hi I am running into problems using canna coco orginal perlite and dry amendments from dr earth can anyone help and let me know what PH I should be watering for this as I cannot find any information and nor getting an answer off of anyone any help much appreciated

Reactions: Mizzo81