1. Hey guys the first round of grow battles is completed and the voting has STARTED!

Come vote today for the best looking and your personal favorite in the COB Grow Battle!

CLICK HERE TO VOTE!!!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey guys the first round of grow battles is completed and the voting has STARTED!

Come vote today for the best looking and your personal favorite in the FastBuds Grow Battle!

CLICK HERE TO VOTE!!!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey guys the first round of grow battles is completed and the voting has STARTED!

Come vote today for the best looking and your personal favorite in the Dinafem/Platinum/Remo Grow Battle!

CLICK HERE TO VOTE!!!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Hey guys the first round of grow battles is completed and the voting has STARTED!

Come vote today for the best looking and your personal favorite in the Mephisto Grow Battle!

CLICK HERE TO VOTE!!!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. CONGRATULATIONS to AJrexxx our First AFN Gladiator Champion of Champions. Title of Fastbuds Grower of the year 2017 goes to AJrexxx..Magnificent Growing Skills
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Congratulations to fettled6 Ribbzzy and Only1sky who were the Top 3 placed Gladiators in the First ever AFN Indoor GrowBattle 2017. Well Done Buds...Well Grown.
    Dismiss Notice

Contest idea thread

Discussion in 'Monthly Contests & Vendor Seed Giveaways' started by Ozone69, May 13, 2017.

1. Ozone69

Ozone69 Wheeeeeeee

Didn't see a thread for contest ideas in a quicky search, so figured I'd start one up just for grins. My thinking is a thread where anyone that comes up with an idea for a contest can toss it out there. If enough folks want to do it, can run with it as an unofficial thing, or if the right admin(s) get into it who knows...you might come up with the idea behind the next big AFN contest.

I'll go ahead and kick it off with one that recently came to mind for me...

Thrift Shop Grow Off

Set a grow media capacity limit, say around 3 gallons of media. Set a budget limit, say 10 bucks or so. Folks have to hit the local thrift shops and find some container that will hold the max or less amount of media for the set budget that they will grow their plant in. Holes can be drilled/cut in the bottom or sides for drainage, but no other modifications allowed.

Have two polls at the end...one for best, most imaginative container and one for best plant. :greenthumb:

Tags:
  2. green genes

green genes Time is an Illusion. Lunchtime doubly So.

Currently Smoking:
    Auto NL with Bubba Cheese on the side.
    decorate your grow room contest.

Pick a theme, Sci Fi, Christmas, world flags, super hero, or whatever.

each grower may use whatever items they have on hand at home to decorate plants and grow room.
    each grower will have two days to decorate the grow area and post pictures for voting.

Feenix, rayuki, Duckster and 11 others like this.
  3. hairyman

hairyman In the wonderland zoo

Lol,love it,world flags if only Sheldon (big bang theory) grew weed, imaginative idea pal,

IMAG0586.jpg

Ime sure there was a path around here

Feenix, Duckster, Raoul-Duke and 8 others like this.
  4. yoda2419

yoda2419 Welcome to the CannaZone

Currently Smoking:
    pineapple express
    how bout a contest for first time grows? winner by yield or technique?

Feenix, Duckster, epenguin and 9 others like this.
  5. 912GreenSkell

912GreenSkell Outdoors of the north Staff Member Auto Warrior

Very cool ideas...keep 'em coming!

Feenix, Duckster, Belivitez and 10 others like this.
  6. Micron Creek

Micron Creek Breeder/Craftsman

Currently Smoking:
    Bees Knees
    bad-ideas.gif
    Ready to hear the crazy? ok Here goes. 20170717_235047.jpg
    There once were simpler times. These tough times gave the people determination, and hopefully some morals. nodding_clint_eastwood.gif
    I propose a friendly Diner grow along.
    What's a diner grow? 20170717_234310.jpg A good cup of coffee, or a nice slice of pie with whipped cream or maybe a little ice cream.
    A person puts what they want inside either an old coffee pot that holds at least 10 cups, or a 1.5 qt ice cream container, or a 16 oz whipped cream container, or all of them. The goal is ten weeks. This is enough for a photoperiod cutting or an Autoflower.
    1 individual per container.
    There would have to be some preliminary veg time for the cuttings maybe a fortnight max.
    I am not sure how to make it more inclusive. Could split them up into separate grows. The hot pot 'o' Auto grow, The staying cool despite climate change grow, or the P squared W grow(pretty please with whipped cream on top).
    Shooting for the stars some days, but worth a try.
    Anyone care for a cup of joe and a slice of pie?
    50vUWy.gif

7. yoda2419

yoda2419 Welcome to the CannaZone

Currently Smoking:
    pineapple express
    cfl grow. everyone must use under a determined watt value with only cfl's

8. Son of Hobbes

Son of Hobbes High of the Tiger Staff Member Site Administrator

Currently Smoking:
    Alien Dragon
    Great ideas in here guys, let's keep them coming! Heck, maybe we can even put some of these to a member vote and host member-voted contests once per month or 2 months, something to that effect. And if your contest idea wins, we'll even let you (if you want, of course) help run the contest along with an AFN staff member! Our seed vendors have been very generous in seed prize packages that we have a ton left to dole out, but we need the contests to make it happen!

Put on your thinking caps and let's see who can come up with some fun stuff!

9. Unique

Unique Experienced Auto Grower CannaZonian (Tier 1)

Currently Smoking:
    Sweet Trainwreck, Critical+2.0, Pineapple Express, Girl Scout Cookie's. T.W. shatter, P.E. shatter
    I'd like to amend this a little. I do like pot size idea, I think that should also include pot type e.g(nursery pot,fabric pot) also have coco vs hydro comps, coco vs soil. I do not agree about limit at only 10$ as I buy by the Qt. each Qt is atleast 10$. Next the mod part is nice, no adding drippers, air domes or pot mods. Last I'd like go one step further for power levels, 250w grows, 400w grows, 600w grows etc... since someone with 1,000w up against someone with only 250w isn't really a comp. also maybe specific Nutrient Grow comps might work. AN vs GH etc..

Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
    Duckster, Dudeski, Pops and 1 other person like this.
  10. wwwillie

wwwillie AFN Vibe Guardian Staff Member Auto Warrior

Currently Smoking:
    Tangilope, bubba kush and some of this and some of that and...
    Some great ideas here.
    How about out door grows?
    I have ideas but have to get back to work. I'll be back.