Cutting a plant

Sebe56

Auto Warrior
Dec 6, 2018
iam growing a Jack Heerer in a 7 gallon planter. The plant is in its 9 week. The plant top bud is 4 inches above my lights, I can’t raise my lights any more. The top half of the plant is ready. The bottom half is about a 9 days behind. Can I cut the top half of my plant off, lower my lights to finish the grow. I don’t want to lose top part of the plant.

420Forever

Life Begins At 420
Staff member
Global Moderator
Jun 14, 2019
Missouri, USA
Currently Smoking
The sweet taste of life :-)
@Sebe56 hmmm, tough call without seein it...got a pic-? off the top o' me head, i'd say it'd probly be ok...then again, me don't wanna stick me neck out on that, lol...am sure other opinionz will follow :goodluck:

Kneehigh85

Grow for health not wealth
Oct 4, 2017
Currently Smoking
Gorilla glue #4, strawberry cough
iam growing a Jack Heerer in a 7 gallon planter. The plant is in its 9 week. The plant top bud is 4 inches above my lights, I can’t raise my lights any more. The top half of the plant is ready. The bottom half is about a 9 days behind. Can I cut the top half of my plant off, lower my lights to finish the grow. I don’t want to lose top part of the plant.
You can selectively harvest from top to bottom so if your top half is ready take some from the top half but don’t go too crazy because you’re still in the time frame where you could over stress and herm the rest of the plant. However by selectively harvesting your making the plant force more energy into the remaining flowers to further develop. So I would go ahead and selectively harvest starting with your top.

Reactions: 420Forever

420Forever

Life Begins At 420
Staff member
Global Moderator
Jun 14, 2019
Missouri, USA
Currently Smoking
The sweet taste of life :-)
You can selectively harvest from top to bottom so if your top half is ready take some from the top half but don’t go too crazy because you’re still in the time frame where you could over stress and herm the rest of the plant. However by selectively harvesting your making the plant force more energy into the remaining flowers to further develop. So I would go ahead and selectively harvest starting with your top.
(whew! saved me bacon :smoking:)

Sebe56

Auto Warrior
Dec 6, 2018
Thanks