• Come join us as we welcome Horticulture Lighting Group to the Autoflower Network!

We have an official representative from HLG that will be active on the forum to answer your questions, several units that are coming for our official product testing (grow and show's,) and we'll be working together to provide better information on lighting in general!

Come say hello!
  • Do you LOVE AFN?? bighug We do too!! But we need your help to keep the servers running!

If you feel like AFN has been useful in your journey and would like to help us pay some of the bills, we have a gofundme page setup for donations.
    Any amount that you can spare will be gratefully received

Click [HERE] to donate to AFN

Day in the Life of a Stunted Auto

DDubs

Auto Warrior
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Just a heads up that sometime the Trichs on an Auto don't amber - you could be waiting forever, and the THC will degrade with light over time! :D

:vibe:

Edit: But excellent results from what started as a runt!! You should be well pleased! :D
I am for sure! This is my second grow and the first one really suffered under my noob hands but I learned and moved forward. Learned some new lessons this time around too so I cant wait to carry everything over to my next grow. I haven't really seen what the full Trich development looks like so I'm still learning the ropes.

blue

witch nightshade
Staff member
AFN Global Moderator
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
I am for sure! This is my second grow and the first one really suffered under my noob hands but I learned and moved forward. Learned some new lessons this time around too so I cant wait to carry everything over to my next grow. I haven't really seen what the full Trich development looks like so I'm still learning the ropes.
Sweet! :D You're rocking it!

Here's a handy hint - when the buds stop pushing out white hairs, and the hairs have started to shrink and turn orangey brown - she's pretty much (mostly always) ready to harvest.

:bighug:

Sheriffatman

Auto Warrior
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Zkittlez OG
Lovely plant for your 2nd grow there bud, still on my first, but you obviously learnt from your first grow, can’t ask for more than that . Nice work

DDubs

Auto Warrior
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Thanks! There are still things that can go wrong so I'm not smoking yet but I'm really excited with the progress. I cant wait to sample.

Zeromitch

13 autos 0 photos
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Grandaddy Purple, Blue Dream
She looks finished to me but might as well go to a even 100 days before timber time haha
good job!

DDubs

Auto Warrior
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Day #101

CHOP CHOP
I sent her into 48hrs of darkness before taking the scissors to her last night. I did continue feeding her all the way up to chop as well. I honestly dont know how you guys with multiple plants can stand to trim everything. Took me around 3 hours to trim my one stunted baby and I was hurt'n.

I lined 2 paper bags with "golfball" sized buds, i just couldn't being myself to break the colas down that far. I also hung one set of branches inside the tent as well to see if I can notice a difference between the cure methods. I know I shouldnt just yet but I peeked on the bags today and all looks good. Now I just have to trust in the process, let them dry and check them again in a couple days. I'll check back in with totals as soon as she is ready.

Thanks everyone for following along. I plan to start one more of the same seed batch to test the lessons I learned from this grow.

20210517_055400.jpg

Image_2021-05-17 19_37_07_174.JPG

20210517_194855.jpg

20210518_055641.jpg

20210518_155319.jpg

20210518_155901.jpg

20210518_160401.jpg

Light Schedule:
48 hours of darkness

Watering:
Watered the morning before turning out the lights.

Nutrients:
Maxibloom (5-15-15) 1/8 teaspoon per 32oz.

Environment:
Temp = 66°F - 70°F
RH = 47% - 52%

Attachments

420Forever

Life Begins At 420
Staff member
AFN Global Moderator
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
The sweet taste of life :-)
Day #101

CHOP CHOP
I sent her into 48hrs of darkness before taking the scissors to her last night. I did continue feeding her all the way up to chop as well. I honestly dont know how you guys with multiple plants can stand to trim everything. Took me around 3 hours to trim my one stunted baby and I was hurt'n.

I lined 2 paper bags with "golfball" sized buds, i just couldn't being myself to break the colas down that far. I also hung one set of branches inside the tent as well to see if I can notice a difference between the cure methods. I know I shouldnt just yet but I peeked on the bags today and all looks good. Now I just have to trust in the process, let them dry and check them again in a couple days. I'll check back in with totals as soon as she is ready.

Thanks everyone for following along. I plan to start one more of the same seed batch to test the lessons I learned from this grow.

View attachment 1319689
View attachment 1319692
View attachment 1319693
View attachment 1319695
View attachment 1319696
View attachment 1319699
View attachment 1319700

Light Schedule:
48 hours of darkness

Watering:

Nutrients:

Environment:
Temp = 66°F - 70°F
RH = 47% - 52%
be sure to tag me with final dry weight, so me can give a shiny lil badge :smoking: ppp

Zeromitch

13 autos 0 photos
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Day #101

CHOP CHOP

View attachment 1319689
View attachment 1319692
View attachment 1319693
View attachment 1319695
View attachment 1319696
View attachment 1319699
View attachment 1319700

Light Schedule:
48 hours of darkness

Watering:

Nutrients:

Environment:
Temp = 66°F - 70°F
RH = 47% - 52%
Very nice! i like the included root pics, i tried to show mine but i had sad looking roots so opted out haha

I'm happy to see the stunted auto give fruits to you. :smoking:

DDubs

Auto Warrior
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Very nice! i like the included root pics, i tried to show mine but i had sad looking roots so opted out haha

I'm happy to see the stunted auto give fruits to you. :smoking:
Healthy roots are the foundation to a quality plant. I wish I had a pic of my first root ball but I can say that this was a serious improvement.

For sure! As long as the other factors are under control, these girls will do what they are ment to do no matter how bad we punish them. I dont want to rush the drying process but I cant wait to pop a new bean in a couple of days. This next one will be third times the charm and its going to bring a whole new batch of challenges to learn from.

Zeromitch

13 autos 0 photos
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
I dumped all 4 of my 3 gallon pots upside after chopping and did not even see roots going around the pots was just dirt, after yanking them out of the soil they were tiny roots lol i did not even take pics just dumped them in my compost bin