December Bom Competition 2016

• The state of AFN
  • Hey everyone, I'm doing some testing on some things and will have the Live IM chat add-on disabled for the time being. Appreciate your consideration and apologies for any inconvenience! - Hobbes (7 pm MDT 2/13/2020)

canocrpse86

He just wants the Ganja!
Aug 12, 2016
That sure did the job. Looks like Tina gave that one a special blessing. Did you ever check with a meter to see what it actually draws. I'd be interested in knowing. I never checked my Mars 144 x 3w reflector but it cut my 275w cfl power bill almost in half. Must have been a lot of power wasted as heat. Here's to Mars Hydro :cheers:.
Merry Christmas to you and your family. Same to all the other entrants and those in the background running this event.
:pass:
I haven't actually checked the draw because I don't have a meter but it's supposed to draw around 400-450 actual I think. I probably could have gone with a smaller light or multiple smaller lights and been more efficient but I have a tendency to overdo everything. This was the model that they recommended for a 3x3 tent so I went with it but it's probably a bit too much light honestly.

Feenix

Learn to grow great meds in the Cannazone on AFN
AFN Gladiator
Jul 29, 2014
I haven't actually checked the draw because I don't have a meter but it's supposed to draw around 400-450 actual I think. I probably could have gone with a smaller light or multiple smaller lights and been more efficient but I have a tendency to overdo everything. This was the model that they recommended for a 3x3 tent so I went with it but it's probably a bit too much light honestly.
I cooked my first a little but she survived. On lush plants, I harvest in layers and it works. Actually ups the advertised yield, just takes longer but the second and sometimes 3rd cuts are stronger. I like having a milder, daytime med then a nightime version of the same for sleep, Like you, choosing the jar of the day is part of the routine.
:pass:

Feenix

AFN Gladiator
Jul 29, 2014
And if you want another cool little tool get one of these
View attachment 677668
Those are great and when you add a sqeeze bottle it is even easier. These are at most places that sell fiberglass supplies for the hardener. Its like having a third hand at the mixing table.

Edit: I just saw Amazon has them now.
Keyword: MEK Catalyst dispenser.

:smokeout:

Last edited:

Feenix

AFN Gladiator
Jul 29, 2014
The plan for the BOM and POM separation is good news. Buds against Buds deserve their own comp. In almost 3 years I haven't seen a bud win and there have been some fabulous buds.:thumbsup:
To 2017
:drunks:
:smokeout:

Last edited: