• Come join us as we welcome Horticulture Lighting Group to the Autoflower Network!

We have an official representative from HLG that will be active on the forum to answer your questions, several units that are coming for our official product testing (grow and show's,) and we'll be working together to provide better information on lighting in general!

Come say hello!
  • Do you LOVE AFN?? bighug We do too!! But we need your help to keep the servers running!

If you feel like AFN has been useful in your journey and would like to help us pay some of the bills, we have a gofundme page setup for donations.
    Any amount that you can spare will be gratefully received

Click [HERE] to donate to AFN

Grove Bags Do they work? Not sure if my expectations are correct

yak22

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Hey all...

I received a sample bag with a recent seed order and Im on the fence about going with Grove bags or Jars. I love the idea of Grove Bags, but I dont know if they actually do what they claim. So I tossed a mildly damp paper towel and a hygrometer in the sample bag, and let them sit. About 4 days later the hygrometer reads 50% humidity. Shouldn't the bag be maintaining 58-62% ? Or am I not understanding the intended operation? I will freely admit that maybe Im just being dense. And I also allow that the hygrometer is likely not super accurate, but 8 percentage points below would be pretty far off. So I think its a fair representation of the climate in the bag.

Can anyone shed some light?
Thanks!

Mañ'O'Green

Kia ora. Retired to watch the grass grow.
Staff member
AFN Global Moderator
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Dabs of Rosin.
They are not designed for a wet paper towel? I have been using them for well over a year now and I love them.

_DSC3984.JPG

CannabisMingus

Forget the failures. Keep the lessons. –Dalai Lama
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Toof Decay
I have completed one cure (Sour Stomper) and am in the middle of another (Toof Decay) using Grove Bags and am happy with the switch from jars FWIW. Also, you may need to have more material in that volume of Grove Bag for it to work properly but I defer to the experts (@Grove Bags). IMHO, YMMV, etc.

yak22

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Lol. Yes. I understand that they aren’t designed for a wet paper towel but I think the concept is the same at the most basic level. Humidity is humidity no?
Im very glad to hear that people are having success and like them, as I really like the concept. I guess I’m just worried that they won’t work as advertised. But success stories are helping me feel more confident to try them at least.
Are you guys just drying then bagging?

Shadowgrows

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Just drying and bagging here as well. Love these bags…

St. Tom

chillin like a villain
Staff member
Super Gladiator
AFN Global Moderator
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Whatever s in my jars
these are absolutely amazing a total game-changer better than the big clunky jars

TheFerret

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
I'm very happy with mine so far, MUCH easier than jars(size, weight) and no burping. All my flowers smell loud where as I had issues in jars previously. Just dry till branches snap then trim and toss in the bags.