• OFFICIAL AFN MERCHANDISE

Sacra Via is the Exclusive Online Vendor for AFN

Sacra Via Logo
    Browse The Store

|| AFN Mugs || AFN Dab Mats || AFN T-Shirts || & Much More ||

Go Visit the Website Today to get your Official AFN Merchandise - Crafted with Love by our very own Rebel

Use Discount Code AFN10 for 10% discount off your total order!

Thanks Logo Thanks Logo Thanks Logo

• The Autoflower Conversational

Today's Topic:

1. Sativa, Indica, Ruderalis - Is it all BS?

Come give us your thoughts, we want to hear from you!
  • Test 1, Test 2 *tap tap tap*

AFN Live Chat Room
  • Win Bruce Banner
  • Prescription Blend Nutrients is offering a great 20% off discount code! This new nute company is showing well here, so swing by their section and see,... If you want to try their kit, the new disc. code is in the PB section...

Doc goes nuclear outdoors - Atomic

Dr. Babnik

Virtus ex Alto
AFN Gladiator
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Six Shooter, Black Stone, Stone Dragon, Moroccan and home made hash
Pot for Our Lady of Chernobyl

IMG_1545.JPG

Dr. Babnik

Virtus ex Alto
AFN Gladiator
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
@912GreenSkell @budelee, I need your advice!

Our Lady of Chernobyl needs to be trimmed. I don't know how to go about.

Should I cut branches close to the stem....

IMG_1580.JPG

....or reduce the length of the branches? Or somehting completely different?

IMG_1581.JPG

Ideally, I would like the plant to become more bushy while she lives indoors. When she comes out, she is free to grow as she likes.

Dr. Babnik

Virtus ex Alto
AFN Gladiator
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
I found a 50 US gal barrel for sale. That will be the pot. It's the closest I can come to a kiddy pool.

:smokeout:

G.Leave

Auto Warrior
AFN Gladiator
Reaction score
Cant just buy a small(4' diameter) kids swimming pool? I would think something like that would be fairly easy to obtain and relatively cheap? (here they are for sure)

Yeah pruning! Undergrowth is what i focus on removing, especially underdeveloped shoots within the canopy on the bottom 1/3rd of branches...this thing is going to be huge dr.!! I have my work cut out for me don't I!!

Dr. Babnik

Virtus ex Alto
AFN Gladiator
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Cant just buy a small(4' diameter) kids swimming pool? I would think something like that would be fairly easy to obtain and relatively cheap? (here they are for sure)

Yeah pruning! Undergrowth is what i focus on removing, especially underdeveloped shoots within the canopy on the bottom 1/3rd of branches...this thing is going to be huge dr.!! I have my work cut out for me don't I!!
So I should not prune the branches as such, just pinch the underveloped?

G.Leave

Auto Warrior
AFN Gladiator
Reaction score
So I should not prune the branches as such, just pinch the underveloped?
Personally i wouldnt especially if you are planning to train her once outside. When i train photos i top the plant at 8 main branches(4 nodes), but i have grown lots of untrained and untopped plants. All will yield well, given the right treatment, but i find pruning out undergrowth is one key to getting a big yield.

You can see how little undergrowth there was underneath the frame of the massive blueberry from a few seasons ago
IMG_2980600.jpg

G.Leave

Auto Warrior
AFN Gladiator
Reaction score
Personally i wouldnt especially if you are planning to train her once outside. When i train photos i top the plant at 8 main branches(4 nodes), but i have grown lots of untrained and untopped plants. All will yield well, given the right treatment, but i find pruning out undergrowth is one key to getting a big yield.

You can see how little undergrowth there was underneath the frame of the massive blueberry from a few seasons ago
View attachment 735451
My goal is to basically force all energy into the upper quadrant of the plant...with undergrowth present, too much energy is expended to grow underformed branches during flower. instead of focusing on the good stuff.

G.Leave

Auto Warrior
AFN Gladiator
Reaction score
Hows things Dr? Atomic going well? My atomic is the smallest plant of the new batch, but she is looking great.

Dr. Babnik

Virtus ex Alto
AFN Gladiator
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Hows things Dr? Atomic going well? My atomic is the smallest plant of the new batch, but she is looking great.
The Atomic is growing and growing, drinking over 1 L/day.
It may be possible to plant it outside in 2 weeks time.

I will prune soon and remove all tiny branches and keep strengthen stems ans branches with silica. My clones need 3 sticks each to keep them standing. Atomic forms a sativa-like structure with many buds along the branches. When the buds fatten up, the stems would break down under the weight of the flowers.