1. No Site Badges will be issued until after our server update. Sorry..the Update does not support the current format. All current site badges will be lost. As soon as possible after the update.. we will have a New updated set for 2019
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey everyone, we're officially live on the new server but we're finding some errors being thrown out when it comes to image uploads; we're working hard on getting things fixed up so it's a smooth process again so please bear with us!

Please report any bugs in the Announcements forum!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. General Battle 2019. First Leg Winner was The Mugwamp with his Dutch Passion Auto Critical Orange Punch. Grown under 250w hps dual spectrum lights. CONGRATULATIONS
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Winner of the Mephisto First Leg Battle was MrOldBoy with Mephisto Sam's Crack..in Living Organic oils under Optic4 lights. CONGRATULATIONS MrOldBoy
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Winner of the Lighting Battle. First Leg 2019 is Iriee Vibez with a Dutch Passion Auto Glueberry OG under a mix of Kind Led ..RapidLED COBs and Chilled Logic Puck. CONGRATULATIONS.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Congratulations to Mesaboogie who Won the Dinafem 1st Leg Battle 2019 Well Grown....
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Seed Stockers First Leg Battle 2019 was Won by our own woody... CONGRATULATIONS woody...Taking one for the Staff Team...
    Dismiss Notice

Does a living soil mix need additional nutes?

Discussion in 'New Growers Forum: Question & Answer' started by Burliercarr, May 14, 2019.

1. Burliercarr

Burliercarr Auto Warrior

First time grower, I'm using Nature's living soil mixed into a organic potting mix in 5gal fabric pots. The living soil says to just water until chop. I was wondering if I will need any extra nutes, like cal-mag or mamoth p?

Arthur and Jraven like this.
  2. ChefB202

ChefB202 Welcome to the CannaZone

What kind of water will you use?

I used NLS on my first grow and it was all good until mid bloom, but if using RO or distilled water I’d use cal mag with a low N number and Mammoth P is great as well, I use mammoth once a week.

As far as other nutes, I’d steer clear of anything bottled. Tealab, homegrown bokashi and Xtreme gardening all have pre measured teas/tea kits you can buy.

Jraven likes this.
  3. Arthur

Arthur Smoke Cannabis Live with Friends on AFN CannaZone Product Tester (Tier 1)

Currently Smoking:
    Ggg#4 and double tangerine
    Probably cal/mag, probably under LED?

the other stuff is microbial.

Mammoth p is good, recharge and bokashi good. In an organic setup, microbes are a must.

4. Burliercarr

Burliercarr Auto Warrior

I'm using tap water set out to de chlorinate for 48 hrs. Ph is between 7.5 - 8.1. I have bloom city cal-mag and recharge. Was wondering if I should lower my pH?

5. Bigg Al

Bigg Al Closet grower, auto cob lover! CannaZone Product Tester (Tier 1)

Currently Smoking:
    Taz haze
    Yes, lower to 5.8- 6.5 range. You'll kill your microbes with that high ph.

6. ChefB202

ChefB202 Welcome to the CannaZone

But use earth juice PH down or citric acid crystals.

Chemicals will kill the microbes to.

7. Arthur

Arthur Smoke Cannabis Live with Friends on AFN CannaZone Product Tester (Tier 1)

Currently Smoking:
    Ggg#4 and double tangerine
    Why is your water pH so high? What kind of ppm is your water? Fluids going into the soil need to be between 6ish and 7 as a max. I've seen a grow or two run at just over 7, for fun, it worked, but had issues. You may be in a situation where RO or distilled is your only solution.