Does anyone use soil in their AutoPots?

pop22

Frankensteins Lab Leader
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Most organic soil actually have plenty of calcium. Add a 1/2 Tbsp Epsom salts per gallon of soil for the Mg you need. Don't waste your money on the " gardening" Epsom salts, its nothing more than a ripoff, its all exactly the same. I get mine at dollar general. DON'T water with straight RO or distilled water in organic soil! If your tap water is funky/to high ppms, cut it with RO or distilled, there are micro nutrients in you tap water. And don't worry about chlorine/chloramine there 's not enough to hurt anything to begin with and adding 50% RO, etc, makes even even safer, plants actually use a small amount of chlorine!

Cool...the less I have to mix perlite into anything the better!! I always get it everywhere and find it for months all over my house. HA HA
Yes, I have calmag on hand, but would love to maybe add a little to the bottom of the pot and nip the problem in the bud. what is a good powder source of cal/mag to add to the bottom of the pot?

MassMom

Just watchin my daughter enjoy my harvest!
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
I dont....I grow to help others :-)
Most organic soil actually have plenty of calcium. Add a 1/2 Tbsp Epsom salts per gallon of soil for the Mg you need. Don't waste your money on the " gardening" Epsom salts, its nothing more than a ripoff, its all exactly the same. I get mine at dollar general. DON'T water with straight RO or distilled water in organic soil! If your tap water is funky/to high ppms, cut it with RO or distilled, there are micro nutrients in you tap water. And don't worry about chlorine/chloramine there 's not enough to hurt anything to begin with and adding 50% RO, etc, makes even even safer, plants actually use a small amount of chlorine!
cool....yes my water is pretty good from the faucet, just high ph around 8. (I will 1/2 1/2 it with distilled). I will be using Real Growers Recharge filled with lots of benes, and they say DO NOT ph when using it. So I will use some tap water and reap the benefits of the micro nutrients. Cool, thank you! Now, question. Once plants go on the res I cant use recharge in the res because it makes a cloudy/clumpy mess. What PH should the plain 1/2 tap 1/2 distilled water in the res be for organic soil?

Last edited:

Wallflower82

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
3BOG, 4AM, Sour crack
Did you end up top watering the recharge into the autopots? Doesn’t seem necessary to put it in the reservoir but this is all new to me so I could be totally wrong

pop22

Frankensteins Lab Leader
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Sorry, never saw this post. I PH all my water for organics to 6.5

cool....yes my water is pretty good from the faucet, just high ph around 8. (I will 1/2 1/2 it with distilled). I will be using Real Growers Recharge filled with lots of benes, and they say DO NOT ph when using it. So I will use some tap water and reap the benefits of the micro nutrients. Cool, thank you! Now, question. Once plants go on the res I cant use recharge in the res because it makes a cloudy/clumpy mess. What PH should the plain 1/2 tap 1/2 distilled water in the res be for organic soil?

nomadicsoul

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Cool...the less I have to mix perlite into anything the better!! I always get it everywhere and find it for months all over my house. HA HA
Yes, I have calmag on hand, but would love to maybe add a little to the bottom of the pot and nip the problem in the bud. what is a good powder source of cal/mag to add to the bottom of the pot?
I know this is old but silicosis in no joke. Mix that perlite outside with a mask. It can contribute to some nasty lung issues. Its not dissimilar to glass dust.